• So my dear darlings, in this topic you are permitted to speak in English, Dutch is forbidden, unless you don’t know a word ofcourse.
    Making mistakes is fine, and you can correct others as long as it’s in a nice and polite way. Please experiment and don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
    The idea of this topic comes from this topic which was opened by the amazing Klaar.
    ~
    Oftewel:
    In dit topic mag je geen Nederlands praten, alleen Engels, tenzij je een woord niet weet natuurlijk. Je mag anderen op fouten attenderen zolang dit op een vriendelijke en nette manier gebeurt.

Have fun!

[ bericht aangepast op 4 jan 2018 - 23:56 ]

~ When you fall asleep tonight, just remember that we lay under the same stars ~

Meisner schreef:
    I think I just found my topic. (nerd)
    Leaving this country in three days to study in Scotland, wiehoo!

Omgg, take me with you :o

i wanna die with you once or twice.

mt (:

oi, suzy

I improved my english by going on exchange ///abroad/// (nerd)

and i also learned danish so now i can speak around four languages (bloos)

i can swear, i can joke – i say what's on my mind if i drink if I smoke – i keep up with the guys

Yellowstone schreef:
    I improved my english by going on exchange ///abroad/// (nerd)

and i also learned danish so now i can speak around four languages (bloos)

im jealouuuuuuuuuuus
    i wish my german was at a level about which i could consider it "speaking the language", but i'm afraid my german is mostly just dutch-spoken-angrily
    are you fluent in danish?

[ bericht aangepast op 5 jan 2018 - 11:11 ]

Even as we grieved, we grew; even as we hurt, we hoped; even as we tired, we tried

I did a course in Swedish last year... but no way that I can ask for a meal in a restaurant or something. I forgot almost aaaalll of it ): it's just that I don't practice it anymore.

I do love English though - the British variant. It sounds so funny :9~ American-English is horrible in my opinion.

oi, suzy

Treason schreef:
    I did a course in Swedish last year... but no way that I can ask for a meal in a restaurant or something. I forgot almost aaaalll of it ): it's just that I don't practice it anymore.

I do love English though - the British variant. It sounds so funny :9~ American-English is horrible in my opinion.

Well. :C I kinda like American English, especially the southern accent. Damn that sounds good haha. British is so ... posh-ish, haha. Although it does sound like music in my ears, too, but it's like they always speak perfect. Yknow, like there would only be Martine Tanghes in the world. :')

Even as we grieved, we grew; even as we hurt, we hoped; even as we tired, we tried

Am I the only one that wishes we speak English in The Netherlands instead of Dutch?

To the stars who listen — and the dreams that are answered

I love English but I also love Dutch whieee

I, Tahani Al-Jamil, shall do my level best to make every event too much.

Azlain schreef:
    Am I the only one that wishes we speak English in The Netherlands instead of Dutch?

Nooooooooo (as in: no, please, let's keep speaking Dutch!). I love Dutch. I really don't know why, but I like the sound of it and the fact that even though so few people actually speak it, there are so many variants.

Azlain schreef:

No, absolutely not. Even though now I have no problem speaking/writing English (compared to my early years of learning English), I find English has some sort of arrogance around it. "look at me, I'm the language everybody needs to speak in order to understand each other". Ugh, it doesn't help either that almost all English-speaking people do not speak a second language very well. And I hate the fact that I have to talk English to my boyfriend in order to understand him. Which is why I am desperately trying to learn French. So no, no English-speaking in the Netherlands please.
    (In fact, my opinion on English is much more controversial and nuanced than this. But I have no time to write this down. Maybe later if anyone is interested.)

You could be great, you know, it’s all here in your head, and Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness, no doubt

Klaar schreef:
    (...)

im jealouuuuuuuuuuus
    i wished my german was at a level about which i could consider it "speaking the language", but i'm afraid my german is mostly just dutch-spoken-angrily
    are you fluent in danish?

ehm well let’s say that i can ask directions, have a basic conversation and yk but my grammar is shit haha

tbh i’m happy i can speak other languages so i’m happy to speak dutch. people in uk and usa can’t often speak other languages and im proud i can fluently

i can swear, i can joke – i say what's on my mind if i drink if I smoke – i keep up with the guys

Do you hate it as much as I do when American/English people don't know the difference between their, they're and there?

oi, suzy

Yellowstone schreef:
    (...)

tbh i’m happy i can speak other languages so i’m happy to speak dutch. people in uk and usa can’t often speak other languages and im proud i can fluently

Same! Being multilingual can come in very handy.

I, Tahani Al-Jamil, shall do my level best to make every event too much.

Treason schreef:
    Do you hate it as much as I do when American/English people don't know the difference between their, they're and there?

That's kind of similar to Dutch people not knowing the difference between hen and hun, right? Or Flemish ones misusing noemen and heten ALL THE FRIGGIN' TIME. It's just because it was so stressed in our classes, I think, that we usually write it correctly.

Yellowstone schreef:
    (...)

ehm well let’s say that i can ask directions, have a basic conversation and yk but my grammar is shit haha

grammar's also just ... ugh, hate it haha
    yeah, me too! it's so nice to be able to speak different languages since it really gives you a broader view on the world and cultures around the world ('cause languague - culture are soooooooo damn intertwined)