• So my dear darlings, in this topic you are permitted to speak in English, Dutch is forbidden, unless you don’t know a word ofcourse.
    Making mistakes is fine, and you can correct others as long as it’s in a nice and polite way. Please experiment and don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
    The idea of this topic comes from this topic which was opened by the amazing Klaar.
    ~
    Oftewel:
    In dit topic mag je geen Nederlands praten, alleen Engels, tenzij je een woord niet weet natuurlijk. Je mag anderen op fouten attenderen zolang dit op een vriendelijke en nette manier gebeurt.

Have fun!

[ bericht aangepast op 4 jan 2018 - 23:56 ]

~ When you fall asleep tonight, just remember that we lay under the same stars ~

Klaar schreef:
    (...)
    Eight years here and I still can't either. Probably because we just don't watch as many movies or listen as many songs in French? Or read as much? French is also just a Roman language, so it's only normal it's harder to learn, haha.

I have learned, at my linguistics classes, that using a language is important. Practice makes perfect. We're exposed to English far more often than to French and it's easier to adjust to things we hear more often.

And the Roman vs. Germanic language does maie a difference. I have had two years of German education and I can understand and speak that language way better, even though my last lesson in German is about seven years ago.

I, Tahani Al-Jamil, shall do my level best to make every event too much.

taeh schreef:
    (...)

I know, but still, French is a nice ass language. and German I'm sorry, but even hearing people talking German makes me ill I legit hate the language xddddddd

Aaaaah nooooo. After three years of German I kinda started liking it. As long as you don't yell it, it sounds pretty okay haha. Although during those three years I haven't learnt much more than "keine Ahnung" or "natürlich ... was war die Frage?" or "ich spiele die Luftgitarre zwei Stunden pro Woche" (like, legit, that was one of the subjects we handled in class (krul)).

Even as we grieved, we grew; even as we hurt, we hoped; even as we tired, we tried

I think I just found my topic. (nerd)
    Leaving this country in three days to study in Scotland, wiehoo!

'I don't want to leave her just because she makes me a better person.'

Klaar schreef:
    (...)

Aaaaah nooooo. After three years of German I kinda started liking it. As long as you don't yell it, it sounds pretty okay haha. Although during those three years I haven't learnt much more than "keine Ahnung" or "natürlich ... was war die Frage?" or "ich spiele die Luftgitarre zwei Stunden pro Woche" (like, legit, that was one of the subjects we handled in class (krul)).

hmm no hard pass just seeing those pixels made me vomit ew ew ew I legit love roman languages more than i love german languages

Heaven is a place that we all have

German isn't a bad language. :c I never use cases, because ain't nobody got time for that, and I tend to forget the der/die/das, but the Germans and Luxembourgians (what even) could understand me when I took their orders. :')
    You should try to understand the language they speak in Luxembourg. I swear, it's a hot mess.

I, Tahani Al-Jamil, shall do my level best to make every event too much.

Plunkett schreef:
    (...)

I have learned, at my linguistics classes, that using a language is important. Practice makes perfect. We're exposed to English far more often than to French and it's easier to adjust to things we hear more often.

And the Roman vs. Germanic language does maie a difference. I have had two years of German education and I can understand and speak that language way better, even though my last lesson in German is about seven years ago.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. The movies we watch or songs we listen to, or books we read are usually either in Dutch or in English, but not that often in French, so it's only normal that it's easier to adjust to than French.
    German is also just way easier to understand because it's mainly the same vocabulary. The hardest thing in German, to my opinion, are those DAMN CASES, but you'll understand someone no matter whether they use die, das, der, dem, den or des. Luckily. :')

Even as we grieved, we grew; even as we hurt, we hoped; even as we tired, we tried

I hate foreign languages (except for English) it was a waste of my time and energy and brain space in High School. Never saw the need for them since I choose the beta route

L.S.H.I.F.O.M.D.W.I.D.H.O. Laughing so hard I fell off my dinosaur, wait, I don't have one

Plunkett schreef:
    German isn't a bad language. :c I never use cases, because ain't nobody got time for that, and I tend to forget the der/die/das, but the Germans and Luxembourgians (what even) could understand me when I took their orders. :')
    You should try to understand the language they speak in Luxembourg. I swear, it's a hot mess.

Isn't that like a mixture between French and German?

Prim schreef:
    I hate foreign languages (except for English) it was a waste of my time and energy and brain space in High School. Never saw the need for them since I choose the beta route

Same, in high school though. Now I would have loved to speak a different language other than Dutch or English. French sounds so lovely, but I just can't do it. That language must hate me. :')

Meisner schreef:
    (...)

Same, in high school though. Now I would have loved to speak a different language other than Dutch or English. French sounds so lovely, but I just can't do it. That language must hate me. :')

I speak Dutch and English and I can understand French and German and I can even introduce myself in Spanish. I just prefer the beta subjects. I would’ve like Latin tough cause I use that a lot in my studies

L.S.H.I.F.O.M.D.W.I.D.H.O. Laughing so hard I fell off my dinosaur, wait, I don't have one

Prim schreef:
    (...)
    I speak Dutch and English and I can understand French and German and I can even introduce myself in Spanish. I just prefer the beta subjects. I would’ve like Latin tough cause I use that a lot in my studies

How on earth can u understand French? D; The only thing I know is how to ask for a baguette, croissant or a swimmingpool. Atleast I won't starve to death. :')

Meisner schreef:
    (...)

How on earth can u understand French? D; The only thing I know is how to ask for a baguette, croissant or a swimmingpool. Atleast I won't starve to death. :')

I did the animation at a camping in France 2 years ago and that helped a lot. We had lots of French kids and I was the ‘boss’ of the mini club. Kids are a great way to help you understand a language.

Prim schreef:
    (...)
    I did the animation at a camping in France 2 years ago and that helped a lot. We had lots of French kids and I was the ‘boss’ of the mini club. Kids are a great way to help you understand a language.

Oeh, that sounds amazing! It is still something I would like to do and I totally agree to that. Children will find a way to make you understand whether its with spoken words, gestures or something else.
    The voluntary organisation in my hometown organises an annual event for children in the summer, of which I am being a part of, and there has been a year in which a child who was deaf joined the activities. It might have caused some troubles for the kid; what if he wouldn't be accepted or what if he wouldn't understand it? No offence to the little fella at all, there were just things that had to be taken into account by the organisation. Turned out that he had a lovely time and that it really worked out in his group. I just loooved seeing this. ^^

Meisner schreef:
    (...)

Oeh, that sounds amazing! It is still something I would like to do and I totally agree to that. Children will find a way to make you understand whether its with spoken words, gestures or something else.
    The voluntary organisation in my hometown organises an annual event for children in the summer, of which I am being a part of, and there has been a year in which a child who was deaf joined the activities. It might have caused some troubles for the kid; what if he wouldn't be accepted or what if he wouldn't understand it? No offence to the little fella at all, there were just things that had to be taken into account by the organisation. Turned out that he had a lovely time and that it really worked out in his group. I just loooved seeing this. ^^

Kids are so easy with this kind of stuff
    I had more difficulty with the adults who didn’t like it when you didn’t speak French perfectly. I did have some amazing French colleagues tough. I never knew the French could drink so well. And the more the drink the better you speak a foreign language (there has been scientific research about this). We would go out at least twice a week. Which was great for the people who worked in the restaurant and had to begin at 3 in the afternoon. Not so great if you have mini club the next morning at 9

Yours truly is multilingual as well. I speak around four languages, those being Dutch, English, French and Arabic. I know a couple of words / sayings in Italian, Spanish, Korean and German as well.

Heaven is a place that we all have