• So my dear darlings, in this topic you are permitted to speak in English, Dutch is forbidden, unless you don’t know a word ofcourse.
    Making mistakes is fine, and you can correct others as long as it’s in a nice and polite way. Please experiment and don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
    The idea of this topic comes from this topic which was opened by the amazing Klaar.
    ~
    Oftewel:
    In dit topic mag je geen Nederlands praten, alleen Engels, tenzij je een woord niet weet natuurlijk. Je mag anderen op fouten attenderen zolang dit op een vriendelijke en nette manier gebeurt.

Have fun!

[ bericht aangepast op 4 jan 2018 - 23:56 ]

~ When you fall asleep tonight, just remember that we lay under the same stars ~

I am now watching several clips in English to study for an exam that I will have in Dutch and to make it even more confusing there also lots of Latin terms in them.

L.S.H.I.F.O.M.D.W.I.D.H.O. Laughing so hard I fell off my dinosaur, wait, I don't have one

Neverbealone schreef:
    (...) Awhh that sounds like you need a hug (H)

No, not necessarily a hug, because I actually like school, you get to socialize and shit, that's fine with me. Those tears are just from legitimate sleepdeprivation. Thanks for the hug though.

Heaven is a place that we all have

Neverbealone schreef:
    (...)
    I am afraid I’m going to have to drop it; or however you say it in English. I got a 1 for my last test :S

Nawh, that sucks even more. German grammer is just as hard as the Dutch grammar if you'd ask me.

To love another person is to see the face of God. - Victor Hugo

Seasons schreef:
    (...)
    Nawh, that sucks even more. German grammer is just as hard as the Dutch grammar if you'd ask me.
    Yeah, but I learned the Dutch language from when I was a baby... Especially the ‘naamvallen’ are hard.

~ When you fall asleep tonight, just remember that we lay under the same stars ~

Do you guys write British English or American English?
    Like, realise or realize?
    To be honest, I always find this interesting, as we live closer to England, but most people I know write American.

I guess it would be wise for me to go to sleep now cuz’ im getting tired. Good night (K)

Sooo last sunday one of my friends had a friend visiting from Japan and she introduced her to us ('the group'), and one of our friends tried to talk with her about oliebollen. So he didn't know what poedersuiker is in English (it's icing sugar, right?) so he just said 'powder sugar'. I just think it's kinda funny how in Dutch we sometimes try to pronounce Dutch words in an English way when we don't know the right translation, or just translate it literally. (nerd)

There are poems inside of you that paper can't handle

Neverbealone schreef:
    (...)
    What do you study?

International Communication and Media

Seasons schreef:
    To be honest, I always find this interesting, as we live closer to England, but most people I know write American.

I write American English, I have never been that interested in British English somehow, because it just seems so tacky. The accent, I love. The vocabulary, not so much.

Heaven is a place that we all have

Neverbealone schreef:
    I guess it would be wise for me to go to sleep now cuz’ im getting tired. Good night (K)

Goodnight! x

Dissonant schreef:
    Sooo last sunday one of my friends had a friend visiting from Japan and she introduced her to us ('the group'), and one of our friends tried to talk with her about oliebollen. So he didn't know what poedersuiker is in English (it's icing sugar, right?) so he just said 'powder sugar'. I just think it's kinda funny how in Dutch we sometimes try to pronounce Dutch words in an English way when we don't know the right translation, or just translate it literally. (nerd)

Haha, I love that!
    Once a classmate of mine didn't do her homework and the assignment was to write down what you'd eaten. So she just wrote quickly, "I ate a butterham with pindacheese"! (':

[ bericht aangepast op 5 jan 2018 - 0:15 ]

Seasons schreef:

British for sure, but that's also because that's how it's taught in high school

Seasons schreef:

Well, I always write the British way, colour and not color, but since I'm leaving the Netherlands on monday to study in the USA for four months, I am trying to teach myself to use a z instead of an s and just an o and not ou. :')

I, Tahani Al-Jamil, shall do my level best to make every event too much.

I don’ want to do this anymore but I have to finisch it tonight.

L.S.H.I.F.O.M.D.W.I.D.H.O. Laughing so hard I fell off my dinosaur, wait, I don't have one

Hi there! I didn't read both pages, but I'm joining whatever conversation you're having here. How are y'all? (:

Even as we grieved, we grew; even as we hurt, we hoped; even as we tired, we tried