• So my dear darlings, in this topic you are permitted to speak in English, Dutch is forbidden, unless you don’t know a word ofcourse.
    Making mistakes is fine, and you can correct others as long as it’s in a nice and polite way. Please experiment and don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
    The idea of this topic comes from this topic which was opened by the amazing Klaar.
    ~
    Oftewel:
    In dit topic mag je geen Nederlands praten, alleen Engels, tenzij je een woord niet weet natuurlijk. Je mag anderen op fouten attenderen zolang dit op een vriendelijke en nette manier gebeurt.

Have fun!

[ bericht aangepast op 4 jan 2018 - 23:56 ]

~ When you fall asleep tonight, just remember that we lay under the same stars ~

Plunkett schreef:
    (...)

Well, I always write the British way, colour and not color, but since I'm leaving the Netherlands on monday to study in the USA for four months, I am trying to teach myself to use a z instead of an s and just an o and not ou. :')

Don't forget the "ed" instead of the "t"! ^^
    Sounds like a lot of fun, though, studying in the USA.

To love another person is to see the face of God. - Victor Hugo

Seasons schreef:
    (...)
    Don't forget the "ed" instead of the "t"! ^^
    Sounds like a lot of fun, though, studying in the USA.

I always use -ed, is that a difference? :')

It will be, hopefully! I'm scared to death but it will all be worth it.

I, Tahani Al-Jamil, shall do my level best to make every event too much.

Seasons schreef:
    Do you guys write British English or American English?
    Like, realise or realize?
    To be honest, I always find this interesting, as we live closer to England, but most people I know write American.

I usually write colour or neighbour with ou instead of an o, because that's how we learnt it at school (we could use whatever we wanted as long as we were consistent though, but our textbooks used the British way), although I honestly would write realize instead of realise. I mostly write without thinking about spelling, so you'll find both when I'm writing, haha.

Even as we grieved, we grew; even as we hurt, we hoped; even as we tired, we tried

Inlikenthe idea of this topic (:

I think I use British and American English mixed together.

If only humans could have vertical asymptotes ~ Quinn

Plunkett schreef:
    (...)

I always use -ed, is that a difference? :')

It will be, hopefully! I'm scared to death but it will all be worth it.

I don't think it is. You can write both and they're both correct, I thought? Like dreamt - dreamed or learnt - learned. Although I do believe the t-form ain't too common in the US whereas in Britain both are.

Even as we grieved, we grew; even as we hurt, we hoped; even as we tired, we tried

I am — to say the least — shooketh at how many people can talk in English and the amount of people who speak French on Quizlet what

Heaven is a place that we all have

taeh schreef:
    I am — to say the least — shooketh at how many people can talk in English and the amount of people who speak French on Quizlet what

Don't get your hopes up, even after seven years of education I still can't have a proper conversation in French. :')

Plunkett schreef:
    (...)

Don't get your hopes up, even after seven years of education I still can't have a proper conversation in French. :')

Here another one! I even worked in France for 2 months. Now that I passed French I have forgotten everything

L.S.H.I.F.O.M.D.W.I.D.H.O. Laughing so hard I fell off my dinosaur, wait, I don't have one

Prim schreef:
    (...)
    Here another one! I even worked in France for 2 months. Now that I passed French I have forgotten everything

Yap, same. I didn't use French often enough, I only spoke French in the classroom and that wasn't a natural setting to use it, unfortunately. I remember things of course, I can introduce myself, but I can't talk about anything else. :')

Plunkett schreef:
    (...)

oh wait that's my point, not a lot of people speak French here I am legitimately shook

Plunkett schreef:
    (...)

Eight years here and I still can't either. Probably because we just don't watch as many movies or listen as many songs in French? Or read as much? French is also just a Roman language, so it's only normal it's harder to learn, haha.

taeh schreef:
    (...)

oh wait that's my point, not a lot of people speak French here I am legitimately shook

Yeah but Ads, we're on a Dutch site, as far as I'm informed, you ain't obliged to have courses of French for more than one or two years, so I don't think it's that weird really. They're usually way better at German, too.

Plunkett schreef:
    (...)

Yap, same. I didn't use French often enough, I only spoke French in the classroom and that wasn't a natural setting to use it, unfortunately. I remember things of course, I can introduce myself, but I can't talk about anything else. :')

I was surprise to realize how good my French was when I started working there am I improved so much while working in France. But now I don’t use it anymore and I don’t have French class anymore. So I am pretty sure my knowledge has been replaced with Latin

L.S.H.I.F.O.M.D.W.I.D.H.O. Laughing so hard I fell off my dinosaur, wait, I don't have one

Klaar schreef:
    (...)

Yeah but Ads, we're on a Dutch site, as far as I'm informed, you ain't obliged to have courses of French for more than one or two years, so I don't think it's that weird really. They're usually way better at German, too.

I know, but still, French is a nice ass language. and German I'm sorry, but even hearing people talking German makes me ill I legit hate the language xddddddd

taeh schreef:
    (...)

I can understand what you guys are saying in the French talktopic, so reading isn't the problem. Writing it myself is, but maybe this will be a good motivation to start with French again eventhough I'm currently learning Spanish already.

To the stars who listen — and the dreams that are answered