• Omdat we toch al op de goddelijke toer zijn, Sadistic goes Yarilo.
    & Ja, dat heeft een betekenis. :')

Jarilo (Cyrillic: Ярило or Јарило; Polish: Jaryło; Croatian: Jura or Juraj; Serbian: Đorđe; Slavic: Jarovit), alternatively Yarilo, Iarilo, or Gerovit, was a major male Proto-Slavic deity of vegetation, fertility and spring, also associated with war and harvest.

Jarilo was a fairly typical life-death-rebirth deity, believed to be (re)born and killed every year. His mythical life cycle followed the yearly life of various wheat plants, from seeding through vegetation to harvest.

Jarilo was a son of the supreme Slavic god of thunder, Perun, his lost, missing, tenth son, born on the last night of February, the festival of Velja Noć (Great Night), the pagan Slavic celebration of the New Year. On the same night, however, Jarilo was stolen from his father and taken to the world of dead, where he was adopted and raised by Veles, Perun's enemy, Slavic god of the underworld and cattle. The Slavs believed the underworld to be an ever-green world of eternal spring and wet, grassy plains, where Jarilo grew up guarding the cattle of his stepfather. In the mythical geography of ancient Slavs, the land of dead was assumed to lie across the sea, where migrating birds would fly every winter.

With the advent of spring, Jarilo returned from the otherworld, that is, from across the sea, into the living world, bringing spring and fertility to the land. Spring festivals of Jurjevo/Jarilo that survived in later folklore celebrated his return. Katičić identified a key phrase of ancient mythical texts which described this sacred return of vegetation and fertility as a rhyme hoditi/roditi (to walk/to give birth to), which survived in folk songs:

...Gdje Jarilo hodi, tu vam polje rodi...
    "...Where Jarilo walks, there your field gives birth..."

Bloedspetters besmeuren de muren van de ruïnes, van iets wat men ooit een beschaving noemde maar al lang is vernietigt.

fuck, waarom hebben ze dit nou niet in quake zoals t hoort? Nja, het gaat om de stem.

EDIT: AHHAA!

DE ALLERLAATSTE! Zoals het hoort :Y)

[ bericht aangepast op 2 sep 2011 - 16:38 ]

quidquid excusatio prandium pro

DeSlenderman schreef:
    fuck, waarom hebben ze dit nou niet in quake zoals t hoort? Nja, het gaat om de stem.

Kan ik niet horen, ben aan het werk. Maar ik weet zeker dat de 'Godlike' van CS 1.6 veel beter is. Oldskool ftw. :Y)

Bloedspetters besmeuren de muren van de ruïnes, van iets wat men ooit een beschaving noemde maar al lang is vernietigt.

Yarilo schreef:
    (...)

Kan ik niet horen, ben aan het werk. Maar ik weet zeker dat de 'Godlike' van CS 1.6 veel beter is. Oldskool ftw. :Y)

HERESY!

Die stem komt uit quake, die hebben ze in counterstrike geplakt. Know your source, FOOL!
    Maar dat is dus deze xD

DeSlenderman schreef:
    (...)

HERESY!

Die stem komt uit quake, die hebben ze in counterstrike geplakt. Know your source, FOOL!
    Maar dat is dus deze xD

I know my source, fool. Maar in gameplay blijft hij tijdens CS 1.6 gewoon het beste. End of discussion. Respect your elders!

Yarilo schreef:
    (...)

I know my source, fool. Maar in gameplay blijft hij tijdens CS 1.6 gewoon het beste. End of discussion. Respect your elders!

release dates:
    Counterstrikes:
    Version 1.6: September 15, 2003

Quakes:
    Quake (1996)
    Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon (1997)
    Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity (1997)
    Quake II (1997)
    Quake II Mission Pack: The Reckoning (1998)
    Quake II Mission Pack: Ground Zero (1998)
    Quake III Arena (1999)
    Quake III: Team Arena (2000)

Unreal Tournaments:
    Unreal (1998)

Return to Na Pali (1999)

Unreal Tournament (1999)
    Unreal Tournament 2003 (2002)

As you can see, both quake and its competitor unreal tournament are older. I respect my elders, not these frigging newbs.

PS: Even the first counterstrike wasn't released before Novembre 2000, FAR after the majority of these games. I'd only have to take out unreal tournament 2003.
    PPS: Both unreal tournament and quake have been continously adding stuff like game modes and even vehicles. Counterstrike hasnt changed and will not change

[ bericht aangepast op 2 sep 2011 - 17:39 ]

Yooo, that looks trippy :o

No growth of the heart is ever a waste

Allereerst moest ik denken aan Anime toen ik die Username zag, maar de betekenis vind ik wel echt mooi! :9~:9~:9~

Let it come and let it be

DeSlenderman schreef:
    (...)

release dates:
    Counterstrikes:
    Version 1.6: September 15, 2003

Quakes:
    Quake (1996)
    Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon (1997)
    Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity (1997)
    Quake II (1997)
    Quake II Mission Pack: The Reckoning (1998)
    Quake II Mission Pack: Ground Zero (1998)
    Quake III Arena (1999)
    Quake III: Team Arena (2000)

Unreal Tournaments:
    Unreal (1998)

Return to Na Pali (1999)

Unreal Tournament (1999)
    Unreal Tournament 2003 (2002)

As you can see, both quake and its competitor unreal tournament are older. I respect my elders, not these frigging newbs.

PS: Even the first counterstrike wasn't released before Novembre 2000, FAR after the majority of these games. I'd only have to take out unreal tournament 2003.
    PPS: Both unreal tournament and quake have been continously adding stuff like game modes and even vehicles. Counterstrike hasnt changed and will not change

Ik heb ook niet gezegd dat CS ouder is, alleen dat het oldskool is en ik het daar het beste in vind klinken. Leer begrijpend lezen, newb. :Y)