• Hogwarts Life

This RPG is written fully in English. If you ‘re doubting about your entry here, please don’t. It can be very disturbing for you ánd for others if they have to keep correcting you. I’d also say that I ask for more experienced roleplayers, but if you think you can do it, you’re welcome.

Hogwarts Life

Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts,
    Teach us something please,
    Whether we be old and bald,
    Or young with scabby knees,
    Our heads could do with filling,
    With some interesting stuff,
    For now they're bare and full of air,
    Dead flies and bits of fluff,
    So teach us things worth knowing,
    Bring back what we've forgot,
    Just do your best, we'll do the rest,
    And learn until our brains all rot.

Welcome to Hogwarts, the Magical school for witchcraft and wizardry.

Rules:
    - If you get in a fight with another player, don’t start fighting in the RPG.
    - If you talk Out of Character, put it in between brackets: {} [] ().
    - ONLY ENGLISH, even when out of Character.
    - Don’t get mad if someone corrects you, they’re just helping you!
    - 16+ is allowed, no exceptions really, but don’t start on the first page of the first topic. Keep it a bit realistic (As far as that is possible, saying it’s a RPG about a wizard-school).
    - I ask for some experience.
    - At least 6/7 sentences. It’s not really that much, you can always describe the scenery, your feelings, etc. Again: it’s not that much.
    - No Mary Sue’s, that’s bloody annoying.
    - Do not play with other characters except for your own. Again: Bloody annoying.
    - 2 characters max.
    - Reservations last for 2 days.
    - Please try to post AT LEAST once per two days.

Tips:
    - There’s a difference between ‘your’ and ‘you’re’.
    - ‘I’ (Als in het Nederlandse ‘Ik’) is ALWAYS written with a capital letter. Please notice that.
    - Watch grammar and interpunction.
    - …

I’m starting off with 5 students each house. I know Gryffindor and Slytherin are the most popular, but please try to mix it a bit.

Characters:
    Gryffindor
    - Isabel Arianna Jones - Keeper|Captain By Kwijt
    - Nora Destry Livingstone By LexLover
    - Scarletta Shantelle Salazana - Seeker By GhostCider
    -
    -
    Slytherin
    - Ashley 'Ash' Felice Delacroix By Macabre
    - Dreven Malum By WillNotLearn
    -Cheryl Luna Parker - Chaser By Arriver
    - Ray McDumble - Seeker By BigFatLiar
    -
    Ravenclaw
    - Yasmin Valerie Troge - Chaser By Naturawolf
    - Nathan Andrew Matthews - Chaser By Seaver
    - Charlotte Tara Vosper - Chaser|Captain By Magicals
    -
    -
    Hufflepuff
    - Elizabeth "Beth" Clavet By Mundane
    -
    -
    -
    -

Headmaster
    - Reservation by Kwijt
    Teacher
    - Jeffrey Keegan Anderson - Transfiguration By Seaver
    - Steven Malum - Defense against the Dark Arts Head of the Slytherin House By WillNotLearn
    -

Character Description:
    Student/Teacher/Etc:
    Full Name:
    Blood-status:
    House:
    Patronus:
    Appearance (It’s nice if you have a picture, but it isn’t necessary):
    Inner:
    Year:
    Pet:
    Favourite Subject:
    Worst Subject:
    Extra (Quidditch team member, past, etc.):

[ bericht aangepast op 13 mei 2013 - 13:14 ]

Tijd voor koffie.

I have a question. I was wondering if my character was allowed to be an Animagus. A dog to be more specific.
    And I want the transfiguration teacher, if it's oké with you.

[ bericht aangepast op 9 maart 2013 - 12:39 ]

We've lived in the shadows for far too long.

If I may ask, what is the main goal in this RPG?

@Seaver, yes you're allowed to be an animagus ^^ Transfiguration Teacher? Ok, on the list :3
    @Aotearoa, as this in one of the first English Rpg's I've decided to keep it quite simple and just make it a Hogwarts Rpg with (not yet) not a real storyline. We can figure it out further in the Rpg, but first I just want to keep it this way and look if it turns out in a good way ;P

[ bericht aangepast op 7 maart 2013 - 22:31 ]

Tijd voor koffie.

I have a question for all of you:
    Who wants to be the brother *make an other character* of my charachter?
    Because when no-one wants to be the brother of my charachter, I will be her brother.(:

Do you understand me?:$

It's not that I don't love our little talks, it's just... I don't love them. ~ Loki

Character Description:
    Student/Teacher/Etc: Student
    Full Name: Nathan Andrew Matthews
    Wand: His wand is 12 and a half inches , it’s slightly springy and is made of Larch wood and its core is dragon heartstring.
    Blood-status: pureblood
    House: Ravenclaw
    Patronus: Lynx

Nathan has got light brown hair, which always looks a bit messy due to the fact that he doesn’t really do anything with it. He’s a normal length for his age, since he’s 5’8. His eyes are light blue.
    His animagus:

Inner: Nathan is really weird. He loves to study and does this a lot. He also can get along with pretty much everybody, as long as they’re not arrogant. He likes going outside, even if it rains. He even prefers rain over sun. He's a smart boy, but often doesn’t overthink things before doing them. That’s why he gets in trouble from time to time. He spends most of his time in the library and reads a lot. He doesn’t really care about whether people like him or not.
    Year: 4
    Pet: He brought a cat along, Allison. It actually belongs to his sister, but he could have her once his sister had finished school. Evem though he got her from his sister, Allison is only three years old.

Favourite Subject: DADA and charms
    Worst Subject: Probably Astronomy
    Extra (Quidditch team member, past, etc.): Nathan has an older sister and brother, who also attended Hogwarts.
    Further on he’s a chaser for the Quidditch team.
    His additional subjects are Divination and Care of Magical Creatures.

[ bericht aangepast op 8 maart 2013 - 20:31 ]

I'm working on Ashley. Damn, it's hard to describe every detail. :W

"When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.''

@Shelob, Yasmin is in Ravenclaw

It's not that I don't love our little talks, it's just... I don't love them. ~ Loki

Naturawolf schreef:
    @Shelob, Yasmin is in Ravenclaw

Yeah I know, I was buzy with edit(:

And don't forget, Elvendork! It's unisex!

Kwijt schreef:
    @Seaver, yes you're allowed to be an animagus ^^ Transfiguration Teacher? Ok, on the list :3
    @Aotearoa, as this in one of the first English Rpg's I've decided to keep it quite simple and just make it a Hogwarts Rpg with (not yet) not a real storyline. We can figure it out further in the Rpg, but first I just want to keep it this way and look if it turns out in a good way ;P

Then I will consider if I will join. I'm not the first personne who joins RPG's without a storyline, but the Englinsh writing is very nice to do. Doubtful, doubtful

Aotearoa schreef:
    (...)
    Then I will consider if I will join. I'm not the first personne who joins RPG's without a storyline, but the Englinsh writing is very nice to do. Doubtful, doubtful

Yes, that's kind of what I thought. There was this other RPG, a really nice one, also in English. It had a great storyline, but never started, even though there were already some characters made. I thought an English RPG was such a good idea I decided to make one myself, BUT as this was one of the first English RPG, I decided to keep the storyline easy, and not hard to follow. I do ask for 6/7 sentences per piece, but you get used to it soon. You can always say: Yeah, I don't like this enough, I'm quitting with this RPG. But, it's a good idea to make something bigger later in the RPG (Something with Voldemort, something else, it doesn't matter.).

Tijd voor koffie.

Kwijt schreef:
    (...)

Yes, that's kind of what I thought. There was this other RPG, a really nice one, also in English. It had a great storyline, but never started, even though there were already some characters made. I thought an English RPG was such a good idea I decided to make one myself, BUT as this was one of the first English RPG, I decided to keep the storyline easy, and not hard to follow. I do ask for 6/7 sentences per piece, but you get used to it soon. You can always say: Yeah, I don't like this enough, I'm quitting with this RPG. But, it's a good idea to make something bigger later in the RPG (Something with Voldemort, something else, it doesn't matter.).

I know the other English RPG, but I never joined that one, I didn't like the storyline. And I am used to writing larger RPG post. I am still not sure.

Shelob schreef:
    Student/Teacher/Etc: Student
    Full Name: Jake Troge
    Wand: Unicorn Hair, cherrywood
    Blood-status: full Blood
    House: Ravenclaw
    Patronus: Emu

Jake has darkbrown eyes and Brown hair. He don't give much about his appearance, but he wants look cool. Jake is a last year student and he loves hogwarts.
    Inner: As I said, Jake loves Hogwarts, ofcourse, who doesn't? Jake has one little sister from 13 in Ravenclaw, Yasmin. Jake is smart and kind to people who are kind to him. He hasn't much friends, but he don't care. When he grow up, he wants to be a potionsteacher. It is his favorite subject. Jake is claustrophobic and don't like big dogs. He is a morning person and loves play Quidditch at sunrise.
    Year: seventh
    Pet:

Jake has a Black and white cat, named Oreo
    Favourite Subject: Potions
    Worst Subject: Astronomy
    Extra (Quidditch team member, past, etc.): Jake is captain from the Quidditch team from Ravenclaw. He is Chaser and he loves to play Quidditch. Jake and Yasmin are brother and sister and Jake loves her. If somebody hurts her, he would get him.

Is it good? Or too short?

I'm so sorry, but I'm going to be very honest with you. I don't think your English is.. the level I'm asking for. I don't want to be a bitch, and I'm not saying your English is bad, but I can spot many mistakes and I really ask for something here. I can see some small mistakes in the other's description too, but they are.. Less important. I'm really, really sorry.
    Just so you know: You aren't bad in English, it's just that the Level I'm asking for is pretty high. I'm sorry.

Tijd voor koffie.

Kwijt schreef:
    (...)

I'm so sorry, but I'm going to be very honest with you. I don't think your English is.. the level I'm asking for. I don't want to be a bitch, and I'm not saying your English is bad, but I can spot many mistakes and I really ask for something here. I can see some small mistakes in the other's description too, but they are.. Less important. I'm really, really sorry.
    Just so you know: You aren't bad in English, it's just that the Level I'm asking for is pretty high. I'm sorry.

Okay, I understand.): pity, I Just liked this rpg. Well, life goes on, I hope you all have a nice time. Bye!

And don't forget, Elvendork! It's unisex!

Shelob schreef:
    (...)

Okay, I understand.): pity, I Just liked this rpg. Well, life goes on, I hope you all have a nice time. Bye!

Okay, thanks for not being mad or taking it Personally (:
    Thanks!

Tijd voor koffie.

Could you just point out the mistakes I made? I'd like to know what I did wrong, so I won't make the same mistake over and over (or try to not make the same mistake over and over). Just so I can improve my English?