• CYNICAL'S LAYOUT SHOP
    ρяσƒιℓєѕ × ¢нαяα¢тєя ƒιℓєѕ × ѕтσяιєѕ

COME BY!

COME BUY!

Oh, hallo daar!
    Welkom in mijn layout shop!

Het is alweer een tijdje terug sinds ik laatst zo'n soort topic heb beheerd, maar aangezien ik de laatste tijd belachelijk veel layouts heb gecreëerd, leek het me een poging waard. Ik maak layouts voor profielen, roleplay personages en stories. Vraag gerust aan, maar lees wel eerst de gebruiksaanwijzingen!
    MINIMALISM      IS      DEAD!!
    LONG LIVE TACKY EXTRAVAGANCE!!

WAT IK NODIG HEB VAN JOU:
    Nu zijn mijn layouts gratis, maar ik heb wel een richting nodig om te weten waar je naar op zoek bent. Het invullen van het onderstaande kan me daar hopelijk mee helpen.

STORY LAYOUTS
    Vul het lijstje onder de spoiler in en comment dat.
    x      Wat is de titel van je verhaal, en moet die erop?
    x      Welk genre is je verhaal?
    x      Wat is de flaptekst die je erop wilt?
    x      Als je flaptekst kort en out of context is, waar gaat je verhaal over? (Zodat ik dit mogelijk kan verwerken in de sfeer)
    x      Is er nog overige tekst die erop moet? (Quotes, waarschuwingen, etc.)
    x      Wat voor sfeer wil je graag?
    x      Zijn er plaatjes die er persé op moeten? (Zoals bijvoorbeeld een cover)
    x      Zo niet, wat voor plaatjes zou je graag willen?
    x      Hoe extravagant moet de layout zijn? (Simpel, gemiddeld, of extreem?)

CHARACTER FILE LAYOUTS
    Vul het lijstje onder de spoiler in en comment dat. (Also ik houd van je)
    x      Geef me het lijstje dat je gemaakt hebt met alle tekst erin. (Naam, leeftijd, persoonlijkheid, etc.) Ik kan dit niet voor je schrijven, ik kan het alleen ordenen.
    x      Heb je een faceclaim? Zo ja, wie? (Als je alleen een paar plaatjes hebt zonder naam, kun je deze ook bijvoegen)
    x      Wat zijn quotes die ik bij zou kunnen voegen? (Als je niks specifieks hebt, kun je me een algemene richting geven)
    x      Wat voor kleurenschema wil je?
    x      Wat voor sfeer/aesthetic moet ik gebruiken?
    x      Zijn er specifieke plaatjes die erin moeten?
    x      Hoe extravagant moet de layout zijn? (Simpel, gemiddeld, of extreem?) (Hoe langer je file, hoe extravaganter ik de layout kan maken)

PROFILE LAYOUTS
    Vul het lijstje onder de spoiler in en comment dat.
    x      Wat zijn een aantal thema's die je graag op je profiel zou hebben?
    x      Wat is tekst die je er graag op zou hebben? (Zoals bijv. een introductie of quotes)
    x      Zijn er specifieke plaatjes die je erop zou willen hebben?
    x      Zo nee, wat voor sfeer wil je graag?
    x      Hoe extravagant moet de layout zijn? (Simpel, gemiddeld, of extreem?) (Hoe meer tekst ik heb, hoe extravaganter ik je profiel kan maken)

LONG LIVE BAD TASTE!!

VOORBEELDEN VAN MIJN LAYOUTS:
    [Onder de spoiler.]

STORY LAYOUTS
    Deze layouts passen over het algemeen beter in stories zelf (vanwege de breedte die daar anders is dan op het forum), dus hier is een link naar mijn story layouts: Klik.

CHARACTER FILE LAYOUTS
    WAARSCHUWING: Lees de volledige files maar niet grondig door, de meeste personages die ik zelf maak bevatten mogelijk triggerende informatie (en zijn relatief persoonlijk). Het gaat puur om de layout.

Doll Little

dOll little

DOLL LITTLE DISTRICT 9 17 YEARS OLD

NAME:

FIRST NAME:
    LAST NAME:
    NICKNAMES:
    Doll
    Little
    The Real Life Doll

[word name]
    [word name]
    Capitol nickname
    Doll is the owner of a rather odd sounding name, and thus it is generally assumed to be a nickname of some sort. People have often asked them whether their full name is Dorothy, Dorcas, Dolly, or anything in that direction, but the answer to that would be no. Their legal caretaker never quite viewed Doll as human enough for a normal sounding name. Doll doesn't know if they have an opinion on this, though they could accept Dorcas to be used as their name instead by close friends, as a sign of affection, in the sense of assurance that they're perceived as equal to them.

Gemini Sun

17 years old
    Capricorn Rising

June 12
    Scorpio Moon
    Doll tends to feel much younger than they are, yet they come off as very mature for their age. Both of these are results of severe childhood trauma. Doll likes astrology and at times is better at remembering their signs than their actual age.

Doll doesn't feel truly comfortable in any typical gender role, nor do they feel as though they have a gender. They kind of accept all possible pronouns, though they use they/them for themself, and are usually referred to with she/her. They are assigned female at birth and generally forced to present very femininely.

SEXUALITY:
    Doll has never thought about specific labels and until recently thought they weren't actually capable of attraction - not perceiving themself as human enough for such. They have now, however, settled on the idea that they can experience attraction to any gender, with a preference for feminity. The labels "asexual panromantic" would be most fitting, though the closest word Doll knows is "lesbian".

I THINK I AM A LITTLE BIT IN LOVE WITH YOU

♥ I AM A DISGUSTING GIRL ♥

PERSONALITY:
    MBTI PERSONALITY TYPE: INFP -T

POSITIVE TRAITS:
    Intelligent
    Imaginative
    Cunning
    Analytical
    Charming
    Empathic
    Perceptive

NEGATIVE TRAITS:
    Anxious
    Detached
    Cynical
    People-pleasing
    Meek
    Manipulative
    Disorganized

Doll is an... Interesting person, if you are a psychiatrist. It is a bit difficult to say who they are exactly (and they probably don't really know themself), for they tend to present themself in the way that they believe is most desired. Masks upon masks upon masks, usually obedient and quiet, only speaking when spoken to and apologizing often - though they can also be talkative and witty if that seems to be the required attitude. Doll is... Observing. They tend to very carefully analyze what the people around them want and then give them such. They are anxious and distrusting, expecting punishment from any little thing they'd do. Most of the time, Doll is so stuck on surviving that they are detached from everything around them, causing them to feel very muted emotions and not build any relationships with those around them. This perpetual dissociation often makes Doll feel like they may not have a personality at all. Their self esteem is low and they may struggle making independent decisions due to the fear of angering others. Doll themself is usually angry, too. They are often angry and feel very out of control in their life - this feeling is, of course, perpetuated by their difficulty ignoring other people's opinions, because in Doll's eyes, these opinions are genuine threats. Whenever Doll would be a bit more honest around others, this will show in cynicism and dark humor. Doll can be rather funny in this way even if their humor is rather bitter and a tad morbid. Doll is intelligent whenever they have room to think and great at deduction. They are sneaky and never take a direct approach to things, even when it seems like they do, their actions are polished and sugarcoated.
    - - - - - - - - - WHAT IF NONE OF THIS IS REAL? - - - - - - - - -

‘It’s beautiful,’ Doll says, and that’s true. The master’s dress is beautiful, and Rose’s hairstyle is beautiful, and Doll is a thing of white cloth and stuffing. No one would say that the body of a doll before it is finished is beautiful.

- - - - - - - - - WHAT IF I'M LOSING MY MIND? - - - - - - - - -

PAST:
    TRIGGER WARNING:
    Abuse, torture, brainwashing, sex trafficking

Doll's past is not much like that of most other people in District 9. They were adopted as a baby by a dollmaker and cult leader, Hansen Little. He was rich, but not particularly a caretaker one might wish to have. He lives in a house where he (and his cult) raise children to be human dolls - obedient, pretty, and mindless, most likely for sex trafficking at some point, though Doll isn't too sure on this (they don't quite want to know either once they realize just how much is wrong with their upbringing). Doll was exposed to severe abuse very early in the name of discipline and brainwashing, which could include being locked up in cupboards, starvation, sleep deprivation, and actual waterboarding. Usually these treatments were as punishments, and often over minor mistakes or things their abusers didn't like - though there were also instances where there was no reason at all. Doll learned to do only as told without protest or anything that could be perceived as impolite or unwanted. There is not much I can specify on this. Doll didn't form any close relationships with anyone aside from their few nannies nor did they have much space to develop themself as a person. They sometimes went to school, but never befriended anyone, and were left mostly alone by others as well. Doll was allowed to read and learn things that wouldn't inconvenience the cult, so they spent most of their free time alone with that, though they don't have much of it.

DON'T LISTEN TO A WORD I SAY

APPEARANCE:
    Doll is about 166 cm/5'6" ft tall and of petite frame. They are somewhat underweight, but likely not as much as others in their district. Doll is extremely pale due to never coming outside and has visible eyebags that never seem to truly fade. They have large brown eyes that tend to be either empty or frightened, a small nose, somewhat plump lips, and the vaguest hints of freckles spread across their cheeks. Doll's hair is brown, wavy, and reaches to about their mid-back. Whenever they go to sleep it is braided, otherwise, the hairstyle depends on Doll's nanny. Doll cuts it off during their stay in the Capitol during a mental breakdown, their stylists fix it and turn it into a shaggy wolfcut that reaches Doll's shoulders. Doll is made to wear traditionally feminine, doll like clothing, mostly containing dresses with stockings.
    During their stay at the Capitol, Doll takes a liking to denim jeans and white shirts.

IT'S SO COLD, ALL THE TIME

They stare. Everything feels unreal. They feel like they are floating. Like everything else, the toilet, the sink, might detach from the floor and start floating too. Like the ceiling might be shrinking in on itself, the room becoming smaller, until the walls can’t bear the strain and detach from the floor, and everything might start floating, attached to nothing. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    FAMILY:
    Hansen Little / The Master / The Dollmaker [47] | Caretaker
    Doll never addresses Hansen Little with his real name. It is usually "sir", "the master", and very few times, "the dollmaker". They aren't very close to him. He is, legally, their caretaker, but in practice, he barely spends time with any of the children he has adopted. Instead, he remains in his quarters, where Doll is not allowed to come without an invitation from the master himself. Doll doesn't know the man very well - they know nothing of his youth or any such thing, and only truly know him as a superior who can hurt them very badly if they aren't careful. Doll doesn't hate the master, though - which is probably Stockholm syndrome more than anything else, but that's besides the point.

♥ I AM A HORRIBLE DAUGHTER ♥

Rose [29] | Nanny
    Rose is currently Doll's nanny. Rose is a pretty woman, delicate, in her late twenties. She has soft brown eyes, light brown hair, pulled back but with wisps framing her face, and a smile that is too small and too permanent to be kind. Doll is as terrified of her as anyone else in the house, but they're grateful for her for she is much kinder than previous nannies they've had.

♥ I AM BROKEN PORCELAIN ♥
    ALLIES:
    Doll is in an alliance initiated by Michael Cady, the male tribute of District 6, based purely on the fact that the only tributes he remembered were all from district numbers in the table of three.

-      VICI CARTWRIGHT [D3, 16 Y/O]
    -      LUMEN CARTWRIGHT [D3, 12 Y/O]
    -      MICHAEL CADY [D6, 17 Y/O]
    -      BELLFLOWER COLEMAN [D12, 15 Y/O]
    -      JACKDAW WEBB [D12, 17 Y/O]

- - - - - - - - - I CANNOT AFFORD TO SCREAM - - - - - - - - -

SKILLS:
    Now, I think it is no surprise to anyone that Doll never got to train with weapons or anything that could help them in physical combat. Technically, they didn't even have the space to learn how to make fire or even put on their own clothes. All of this combined makes for rather easy prey. Yet, Doll does have some skills that helps them in the arena.

-      PLANTS:
    Books about plants were never forbidden to read. Doll was at some point allowed to do so freely, without asking, and thus they know quite a bit about edible and poisonous plants - and their symbolic meanings. They could likely recognize them in the wild.
    -      SECRET CODE / DECIPHERING:
    When every aspect of your life is controlled, hiding parts of it from your caretakers is tempting. Doll is great at languages, including code, and translating them. They have been doing so ever since they were introduced to the concept.
    -      DEDUCTION:
    As mentioned before, Doll is good at analyzing and deducting things. Though they never had the opportunity to learn official terms, both psychoanalysis and deduction in the sense of "whodunnit" is both fun and relatively easy to them.
    -      HIDING:
    When your caretakers are dangerous, you learn how to be very quiet and still while hiding from them.
    -      CONSTITUTION:
    Doll has a rather high pain tolerance due to the abuse they endured all their life. They might be able to take torture longer than usual.
    -      INTELLIGENCE:
    Doll may not be very physically capable, they are incredibly smart. It would depend a bit on their resources how well this shows, but if they are in a position where they dare to take initiative, it could mean that they are good at designing traps, for example.
    -      CHARM:
    This has also been said before, but Doll is both attractive and polite, and they're also rather good at being what is most desired of them, which tends to make people listen to them more than they might to the average person.
    - - - - - - - - - I CANNOT AFFORD TO CRY - - - - - - - - -

MENTAL HEALTH:
    If ever sent to a psychiatrist, Doll would likely be diagnosed with C-PTSD (complex post traumatic stress disorder), OSDD-3 (other specified dissociative disorder type 3), autism, ADD, chronic depression, and a social anxiety disorder.

EXTRA:
    -      FEARS:
    Failure, punishment, adults, water (because of waterboarding - this mostly shows itself in a fear for showering), medical treatments, abandonment, close relationships, being treated respectfully (because they are afraid to disappoint).
    -      INTERESTS:
    Language, story telling, music (they can sing rather well), psychology (once introduced to the concept).

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT YOU KILLED ME AT FIRST

Mallory Todd

Horror
    17 years old | Chaotic Evil
    I AM NOT HUMAN

D

E

V

I

L
    Name
    FIRST NAME:
    LAST NAME:
    NICKNAMES:
    ALIAS (1):
    ALIAS (2):
    Mallory
    Todd
    Mal
    Horror
    Nannie Philips
    Unhappy / Unlucky
    Fox
    Bad
    An intense feeling of fear
    "God favored me"
    Horror rarely, if ever, uses her real name unless necessary. She's much more comfortable introducing herself with an alias, so that's how we'll be addressing her here.

GEMINI SUN
    17 years old
    Capricorn Rising
    June 12
    Scorpio Moon
    Horror doesn't really connect with her age very much. If the person she's speaking to is dumb enough to believe her, she might claim to have no age at all.

``May the worms eat your eyes out before you reach the mouth of Hell.``

Horror is agender, meaning that she has no gender, but is alright with any pronouns. For simplicity, we'll be using she/her in this, but any pronouns are allowed.

Sexuality
    Horror is asexual and aromantic, meaning that she experiences no sexual or romantic attraction to anyone at all. She's sex-repulsed, too. She thinks that the idea of sex is laughable and mildly disgusting.

``I'll gut you in front of my kingdom.``

A R S O N

M U R D E R

I'LL SMILE TO SHOW YOU MY TEETH

Personality
    [ YANGIRE × TSUNDERE × YANDERE ]
    Positive traits:
    💉 Intelligent
    🔪 Imaginative
    💀 Cunning
    🔨 Likes learning
    💉 Has a strong sense of justice
    🔪 Funny
    💀 Protective
    Negative traits:
    💉 Irritable
    🔪 Manipulative
    💀 Cruel
    🔨 Aggressive
    💉 Spiteful
    🔪 Obsessive
    💀 Impulsive

``Intimidating others by just texting as myself is so fucking funny.``

It is unlikely that you'll meet Horror as her "true self" when first interacting with her - and you should be glad about that. Horror can be a genuinely likable person, but prefers not to be, just to spite social expectations and humanity in general. Reputations and intentions aside, Horror is a clever person. She is perceptive and good at reading other people, even if her cynicism may meddle with her analyses. She has a large vocabulary and is a good debater, unafraid of conflict and sharp as she is. Horror can be philosophical and a bit pretentious – though admittedly, she truly is creative and above-average intelligent.
    Upon meeting her, she'll come off as a bit inhibited and potentially passive-aggressive if you look well enough. However, whenever she bothers trying, she's rather charming and potentially overly polite to the point that it gets a goofy effect that may or may not draw people in.
    Horror is a good actor and manipulator. She doesn't generally use this for unsavory purposes, even if she might like to, but she is unbelievably good at winning people's trust and getting close to them without harboring any personal feelings for them. Her social life is largely faked and she doesn't like many people in actuality.
    Horror likes to rant and loves opportunities to fight, insult people, or be violent somehow. She's quick to be angered and feels very protective over the few people she does feel close to, often jealous whenever they spend time with other people. Horror can be obsessive over people, subjects, and things to dislike. She has a strong sense of justice and although her moral compass is grey at best, she still holds the morals that she has in very high regards, even if they're relatively nuanced.
    Horror is ambiverted leaning towards introversion.

``I want to cry. Or stab someone.``
    I BITE AT THE HAND THAT FEEDS ME
    ``You do know that no respected psychiatrist has used the term “sociopath” since the 1960s, right?``

SLAP AT THE FACE THAT EATS ME

Appearance
          Horror is a pretty person for sure. She has a certain frailness about her despite her somewhat aggressive attitude, which often leads to people underestimating her. Horror has an oval-shaped face with high cheekbones and a small chin, large monolid dark eyes, a small nose, and plump lips. Her face appeases East-Asian beauty standards perfectly, something that she can easily take advantage of. She's pale with no imperfections to her face aside from a small beauty fleck high on her cheek. She has long straight black hair with a fringe that she mostly wears loose or in braids. She looks somewhat doll-like, which can both make it easier for people to like her, and harder.
    Horror is about 5'5" ft tall and rather skinny. She has a bony look to her which gives her a sharp edge. Her body is rather androgynous.
    Normally, Horror wears dark eyeliner to appear a little rougher and darker, as well as mall goth clothes, featuring black, red, and white as a color palette. She likes to wear wide-legged pants but may also wear skirts or dresses to appear a bit more feminine and sweet. She likes platforms and boots but may also wear mary-janes if it fits her outfit.
    Horror has a rather masculine and laid-back attitude, which, mixed with her feminine and delicate appearance, can be confusing to some.
    I'M HAPPY THAT THE WORLD IS GONNA END
    Past
          Horror didn't grow up in the best circumstances for a child to develop. Both of her parents happened to be extremely abusive, yet unaware of the effect they had on their children, often exploiting their emotions in order to control them. Horror tried to spend most of her time away from home and her parents, locking herself in her room and avoiding her family on days that she wasn't allowed to be out. She didn't make too many friends as a child, feeling detached from her peers and often starting fights to deal with all the emotional turmoil she got from her home life. She was known as a troubled child who often walked away from home and said rude things, and was thus not liked by many.
    At ten, she met her best friend, Sarah, and within a year she grew madly attached to her. Horror spent more and more time with her and felt confused by the fondness she harbored for the other girl, but got over the initial surprise of attachment soon enough.
    When Horror discovered that Sarah was being sexually abused she contemplated murder. At sixteen she went through with it and successfully killed Sarah’s abuser, shocked and betrayed that Sarah wasn't as receptive to this as hoped, and then had to run away from home in order not to be arrested.
    Horror met a psychiatrist who was charmed by her personality and took her in as a surrogate daughter. Horror is still living with him today and trying to apply to university for forensic science and criminology.

``The worst monsters are those who wear human skin, watching through our very own sockets.``

Mental health
          Horror has antisocial personality disorder (ASPD), which is unprofessionally known as “sociopathy”. ASPD is a disorder wherein the patient shows a disregard for social norms and expectations, has low empathy and remorse, impulsivity, proneness to boredom, and irritability. For Horror, ASPD also comes with dissociative symptoms and many intrusive violent thoughts. She doesn’t feel remorse, guilt, or shame at all, and the closest thought she might get to feeling bad about her actions is, “Does this make me a bad person?” rather than “I hurt someone and that’s bad”. Horror can mimic empathy but doesn’t experience it. This doesn’t necessarily mean that she can’t care about others, she just cares about people differently, often in a way that makes her more in control.
    Horror’s manipulative tendencies and leeching off of people can also be blamed on her ASPD. She developed ASPD because of the emotional abuse she faced as a child that conditioned her into believing that guilt never came at reasonable moments and that her emotions would only be used against her.
    She also has C-PTSD from her parents’ treatment.

``They look like us, talk like us, smell like us - it's almost as if we are them before awareness hits.``

CANNIBALISM

THIS AIN'T A STORY, CUNT, THIS IS MY LIFE

``First testimony wrath isn't for everyone, but I myself greatly enjoy it.``
    I WON'T LET GO TIL I CAN TASTE YOUR BONES
    Gift
          It’s a bit difficult to name Horror’s gift as something other than “highly unstable witchcraft”, even if it’s more specific than that. Perhaps the name “reality programming” would somewhat fit, but it’s a bit vague and complex and she doesn’t fully understand it herself. She holds control over some parts of it, but unfortunately for her, these moments of control come periodically.
    Horror has a rather broad gift that can influence many things at once.
    Firstly, she can “reset” time. Basically, whenever she dies, she jumps back in time to the moment before her death that decided this faith, and she can then fix her mistake. The more violent her death, the further she jumps back in time. She generally doesn’t even have to consciously experience her death, for she’ll jump back before it starts to register completely. Another gift she has is to “hack” reality, which can present itself in several different ways. She might speak to entities from other realities (“hackers”), she might have her dreams start to affect reality, she might destroy or fix things depending on her emotions, she might be able to use telepathy or suddenly achieve information without doing anything to uncover it. It’s as if she changes coding or accidentally opens files sometimes – when perceiving reality as a computer program, that is. Horror can sometimes use this to her advantage, but many times it’ll just appear and disappear. She isn’t fully aware that her gift is unusual. Often, things will turn disturbing and nightmarish once she gets a hold on reality, because this generally happens whenever she’s upset. It’s as if she pulls the whole world with her into a nightmare or intrusive image.

``Burn the witch!``

I PROPOSE FIRST-DEGREE MURDER
    Related
    PARENTS: Oliver Todd (father, 54 y/o), Katelyn Harper-Todd (mother, 51 y/o). Horror hates them both with a burning passion and intends on killing them one day.
    SIBLINGS: Stephen Todd (brother, 19 y/o), Violet Todd (sister, 14 y/o), Lauren Todd (brother, 10 y/o). Horror doesn’t really like Stephen and Violet, but did use to like Lauren a lot. She sometimes misses him.

``She’ll pluck out your eye and put it in her fucking socket.``

Relations
    CLODWAL PHILIPS | CAREGIVER | 44 Y/O
    A psychiatrist who unofficially adopted Horror. Horror suspects that Clodwal might be a serial killer due to the rooms where she isn’t allowed to enter (including the basement), his knowledge of forensic science, and his ease with breaking the law to adopt her. She doesn’t particularly mind this, though, for she likes him as a person and feels much safer around him than she ever did with her biological parents. Besides – she can't risk him spilling her secret.

SARAH GREENWOOD | EX-BEST FRIEND | 17 Y/O
    Regarding platonic crushes, Sarah probably was one for Horror. Horror had never felt as close to a person as she’d ever felt to Sarah, and also never as betrayed when someone broke off a friendship with her. Horror doesn’t feel vengeful or angry towards her, though, and hopes that the criminal act she took part in for her has made Sarah’s life easier. Sarah is a socially anxious teenager with a great deal of empathy, even for people who are deemed unsavory, and Horror thinks that that is a beautiful thing.

OTHER FRIENDS
    Feel free to volunteer. Horror is a surprisingly good friend when she actually likes you. She doesn’t bond easily with people, but when she does, it can be to a rather extreme extent, and she’s quite loyal as well.

``Set them on fire! Kill them all!``
    GOD IS CRUEL, I AM GOD
    Skills
    FORENSIC SCIENCE
    Horror is still learning forensics, but finds it deeply interesting to pick crime scenes apart and make sense out of them. She knows quite some information on the decomposition process of a corpse and causes of death.

PSYCHOLOGY + PSYCHOANALYSIS
    Horror finds psychology interesting and spends a lot of time researching it. She knows a lot of terms and pathology on this, as well as manipulation tactics and body language. Horror can pick apart behaviors and people quite well and interpret them correctly. She’s extremely good at psychoanalyzing people and it can both impress, intimidate, and annoy her peers.

WEAPONRY + TORTURE
    Now, Horror can’t use every single weapon she knows, but she knows the theory behind it. The same goes for torture methods and hypnosis. She’s never had an opportunity to practice these things, but she knows the different purposes of different sorts of blades, firearms, etcetera and enjoys talking about it.

MURDER
    Horror has killed someone once through trial and error – she died four times during her attempts and had to do it over. She’s relatively good at finding effective methods now, but is still learning and has found out that she’s not the best killer out there yet.

DEDUCTION
    Logic, cause and effect, and all that are really Horror’s thing. She could make a great detective and it’s a pity that she is more interested in taking lives than saving them.

DEBATING
    As mentioned before, Horror has a sharp tongue and quick wit. She’s an excellent debater and advocate. Her biggest issue that she might argue from a view she doesn’t agree with out of boredom and accidentally convince people of said viewpoint.

``Your eyes betrayed you.``

EVERYTHING GOES ACCORDING TO PLAN

THE NEXT SCREAM YOU HEAR MAY JUST BE YOUR OWN
    Extra
    LIKES: Metal & rock music, poorly written stories, history, murder mysteries, horror, making fun of criminals, animals, demons, ranting, vampires, alternative fashion, collecting dead things, advocating for violence, staying inside and doing nothing all day, dichotomies
    DISLIKES: Her parents, Stephen and Violet, the government, the police, stupid people, people who are poor liars, people who trauma dump, most people in general actually, Christian values, being talked over, boredom, rude people, poor portrayals of mental illness, attention seekers (that’s for her alone), overly sensitive people, clingy people
    FEARS: Horror has some terrible commitment and abandonment issues that can be triggered relatively easily. Now, most of her other triggers will cause anger rather than fear, but her parents and the idea of having to go back to them do upset them. She also fears control loss (though not very much) and uncertainty to some extent.
    FAVORITE COLOR: Red. Horror loves red. A lot.
    FAVORITE ANIMAL: Horror could give you many different answers to that question, because, in reality, she likes pretty much all animals. Including insects.
    FAVORITE BOOK: None in particular. You see, Horror likes bad stories, not good ones. Good stories require an attention span that Horror doesn’t have. She somewhat likes “The Shining” by Stephen King and “Dracula” by Bram Stoker, but isn’t extremely enthusiastic about either of them in particular because she never even managed to read them thoroughly.
    ``What do you believe when nobody is watching?``

PROFILE LAYOUTS
    Mijn huidige profiel

CYNICISM
    people are motivated purely by self-interest

Nothing ever ends poetically. It ends and we turn it into poetry.
    All that blood was never once beautiful, it was just red.

🐞      there is more information provided regarding this user underneath the spoiler to keep the lay-out intact.      🦷

hello there, it's your friendly neighborhood mentally ill writer who doesn't publish any writing.
    my name is cynical, i am 18, and i have stuck to this site like a fly to a spider's web for quite a while now. i'm mostly keeping my sticky legs attached to it because making pretty lay-outs makes me happy, and because a lot of my old (deactivated) writing is preserved on here and i enjoy to self reflect.
    some of my interests contain horror, hannibal, death note, psychology, and forensic science.
    if you message me i may or may not respond. i can't guarantee much of anything.

anyway, my two semi-active friends on here are: kriss & ana, and the rest died with the rest of the site. (if you happen to be one of them, you may seek contact with me at any time, i won't think it's weird. i'm interested to see where you are in life now.) (oh also bug is my partner and i love them very much okay that's it bye)

and no, i don't type nederlands

WACHTLIJST:
    [MOMENTEEL GESLOTEN]

1.      Naam x Pagina van de aanvraag x Profiel/Story/Character file
    2.      Naam x Pagina van de aanvraag x Profiel/Story/Character file
    3.      Naam x Pagina van de aanvraag x Profiel/Story/Character file
    4.      Naam x Pagina van de aanvraag x Profiel/Story/Character file
    5.      Naam x Pagina van de aanvraag x Profiel/Story/Character file
    6.      Naam x Pagina van de aanvraag x Profiel/Story/Character file

NOTE:
    Qreaties verandert constant de specifieke desktop verhoudingen, dus gaan mijn layouts na een tijdje altijd schots en scheef staan. Niet alle lettertypes die ik gebruik staan op ieders computer, en ook die kunnen er dus saai uitzien zonder dat ik hier enig idee van heb. Ik ben te lui om oude dingen te fixen die in dit topic staan, maar ooit paste alle tekst met de plaatjes zonder lelijk te zijn, I swear

[ bericht aangepast op 19 jan 2024 - 22:55 ]

obsessive rage

Dominique

———— 18 years old He/Him Observer ————

I'm not sure any of this holds beauty
    but it sure is exciting

name:
    Dominique means "of the Lord"
    Noirot is a fancy old noble name
    Jameson means Son of James; Supplanter
    Dominique Noirot-Jameson is, as his name implies, both fucking rich (being distantly of noble blood) AND the son of an American immigrant who was one of the soldiers freeing France at the end of WW2. Dominique doesn't mind nicknames - the weirder, the more he'll probably appreciate you. Unless you're Zach. Zach can die. Fuck Zach's stupid nicknames. They're not even original.

18 years old
    October 31
    Scorpio
    Dominique is... Sort of mature? He's smart, sure, and I guess at times wise, but... I don't know, I can't say. He's weird is what he is. Hard to stick a mental maturity level to him. One moment he's wise as a priest, the next he acts like a child. Which of the two (if either) is more of an act is hard to say. He's a fluid person with a less fluid body - meaning he looks his age though he only fickly acts it.

[ bericht aangepast op 2 sep 2024 - 0:08 ]

obsessive rage

I was hearin' the good Lord prophesy
    I was hearin' the devil harmonize

Esaïe
    Raphael Berthier
    •             •             •             •             •
    name * *
    Esaïe      *      salvation of the lord
    Raphael      *      healed by God
    Berthier      *      from the occupational name "berthier," which means "a quartermaster" or "a keeper of granaries."
    As you may noticed, Esaïe comes from a Christian family. He is baptised, but doesn't have different names; his baptismal name is his 'normal' name as well. He gets called by his first name: Esaïe, some people say Sai or Es, very original i know.

age * *
    december 20th      *      23      *      sagittarius
    Esaïe acts and looks like his age, the only thing that makes him appear younger is that he is pretty naïve. He is shielded from the world by his parents and only recently got out of that cage.

gender & sexuality * *
    Esaïe is a boyy. He is a very very closeted gay. Not only out of homophobia, he just really doesn't know that you can be gay. Oh it isn't normal to want to kiss your homies? So when he does feel attraction to someone, ahum Jean-Ettienne, he just thinks Jean is the choosen-one or something.
    nationality * *
    ---
    ]       *       *      *       *

]       *       *      *       *

//posting here because of our roleplayyy

[ bericht aangepast op 8 juni 2024 - 13:05 ]

het is Schoonheid zelf op zichzelf eeuwig eenvormig met zichzelf [Plato, Symposium, 211b]

Mariano
    ────────────
    SAILOR | PROPHET | TRICKSTER | LOVER
    28 years of age, male

I remember now. I've been here before.
    We've all been here before!

Name:
    Mariano is only ever known by his first name. He does not receive any nickname, alias, pseudonym, or other title. He never tells Isaías his last name and instead dismisses him whenever he asks, explaining it's not all that important while they are stranded on a tropical island - which Isaías finds deeply frustrating.
    'Because I don't want to tell you my last name,' Mariano said, painfully simply.
    My eyes lingered on his collarbone, which followed the slump of his shoulder. 'Why not? Have you anything to hide?' I asked. Sharp impatience bled into the question.
    'Nothing that would have me hanged on the mainland.'
    'Then why remain a stranger?'
    'A stranger?' Mariano echoed, his brows curving into confusion, 'What of a first name is impersonal? It's the last names you reserve for they you dislike. Enemies, rivals, servants; these are the ones you call after their bloodline. But I wish to be friends.'

Mariano says to be 28 years of age. Isaías is of the opinion that Mariano has a very boyish way of carrying himself, mostly in his chaotic unpredictability and his nigh arrogant lack of cynicism.

Mariano is a cis man. I couldn't squeeze "sexuality" in the title, but Mariano is particularly flirtatious towards people of any gender, though he himself is most attracted to men. According to Isaías, everyone is likely to be attracted to Mariano, but this is only because he himself isn't willing to accept that his own reaction to him isn't normal. Nonetheless, he has a point that Mariano is charismatically enigmatic and also a manwhore who has deeply romantic tension with everyone ever.

I can't have you                                   
    but I want you!     

put me under in a wine dark grave

Personality:
    Positive traits:
    🕱      Trait
    🕱      Trait
    🕱      Trait
    🕱      Trait
    🕱      Trait
    🕱      Trait
    🕱      Trait
    Negative traits:
    🕱      Trait
    🕱      Trait
    🕱      Trait
    🕱      Trait
    🕱      Trait
    🕱      Trait
    🕱      Trait
    Text here

sorry kriss ik ga ook verder met étienne i promise

w.i.p.

[ bericht aangepast op 18 juli 2024 - 0:58 ]

obsessive rage

--{ Peter-- -Robinson }     

ECLIPSE

Chaos ensues. The sun extinguishes, and the darkness of the abyss gapes like a hungry mouth. "Now," Man thinks, "The dark in me must feed."

CAUTION!
    This file contains mentions of cannibalism, pedophilia, brainwashing, psychological torture, and abuse.

(None of which this character is personally responsible for)

name:
    LEGAL NAME:

PERSONAL NAME:

CODE NAME:

Eva
    ???
    Peter
    Robinson
    Eclipse

Life (from Havah; Chaim)
    ???
    Reference to Peter Pan
    Reference to Robin Hood
    Word name
    Peter has very many names he goes by. Robin, Eva, Peter, Eclipse - none of them are not his. He has no disdain for his legal name (the part he still remembers, anyway), even if it does not align with his current gender presentation anymore. He stopped introducing himself with it around age 19, swapping to Robin when around new people, and Peter Robinson around his band, and then around 21 he began using just Peter, feeling more confident in a masculine sense of identity. "Eclipse" is a name he coined around 14, when meeting Celsius, for communication over radios and walkie-talkies. It's since stuck and mostly used within the band. Some of the military is also familiar with it, because Eclipse is a terrorist who is deeply annoying and keeps blowing shit up and leaving behind messages for specific officers.

His former captor/caretaker used to call him "Havah/Chavah", the Hebrew variant of Eva, because he had a strange fixation on all things Biblical due to grandiose delusion and a god complex or something. An alias he'd use when introducing her to others would be "Mary", not because her real name had any value, but simply because he was too crazy and obsessive to share it with other people.

Peter's story stretches out anywhere between age 14 and 25 or so. He stops counting the years around age 18 and has no fucking clue how old he is exactly thereafter - viva la vida I guess.

He does know he is a Gemini, and his specific birthday (aka, mine), because his captor used to obsessively keep track of the time even out in the wilderness.
    Peter has escaped him since 17 though and doesn't give a damn about the passage of time himself.

"I shoot better."

gender & sexuality:

Eclipse will explain that as a child, she was a girl (born one, raised one) - but as an adult, he is a man. He is a trans man, but doesn't really speak of his male identity as something that always was, but rather, something he grew into with age, as he doesn't live in current days where language about being trans is widespread and only acceptedly spoken of when you say you always hated being your assigned gender at birth. Due to the inability to medically transition in the midst of the wilderness, him using male pronouns and names initially greatly confuses people. When he gets more confident in his masculinity, around about twenty four or so, people do start to genuinely assume he was assigned male at birth, simply because his presentation has shifted somewhat and he has the nonchalant attitude to convince people. Before that, people look rather weirdly when a girl introduces herself as "Peter Robinson", so he usually shortens it to more gender neutral "Robin" when talking to strangers.
    He's attracted to men and women alike, but has a preference for masculinity and masculine archetypes. Most of the women he's attracted to are butch women, or raised in matriarchies outside the Zones. He does flirt with just about anyone, regardless of attraction, but only really falls in love with men.

The wild isn't exactly violent,

role:

Eclipse is a wildling and vigilante who lives outside of the Zones. He's a bandit who leads a little group of outlaws that primarily targets military raiders who terrorize peaceful communities outside the Zones. Eclipse is their Captain; or so he calls himself, anyway, as it's not so much a hierarchal affair, and rather, a band of anarchists (even if Eclipse, due to his extensive knowledge of the wild and his cunning, does usually call the shots). Eclipse calls the group "The Dirt Eaters" or "Us Dirt Eaters", but officially they don't have any name - let go anything threatening. Before becoming a proper bandit, Eclipse was a lone hunter, and therebefore he was held captive by a war criminal on the run - and therebefore a scavenger.

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ✖

it's just
          .wild.

I can burn down forests or I can lay low
    But I'm always on fire, always on fire

I can save your life, I'll warm you with my blood, sparks flying off, right off

personality:

"Brave — possibly suicidal. Never
    minds his business, self-righteous pest."

POSITIVE TRAITS:
          Cunning     
          Charismatic     
          Funny     
          Self-aware     
          Passionate     
          Creative     
          Brave     
    NEGATIVE TRAITS:
          Cynical     
          Reckless     
          Easily bored     
          Easily distracted     
          Violent     
          Cocky     
          Obsessive     

What, I'm supposed to feel bad about shooting a
    fascist in the face?

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ✖

To enemies, Eclipse is a wild card. To allies, also, Eclipse is a wild card - but not nearly as impulsive as he outwardly seems. He has little care for what happens to him and his own life if it's in the grander scheme of justice, and he has a very self-sacrificial tendency that borders on martyrdom and self-destruction more than it's him actually taking necessary risks - but he is not impulsive. On the contrary; Eclipse is strategic. He's cunning. He is cold and calculating under the surface, just very good at pretending to be chaotic and all over the place. Among friends Eclipse is, without a doubt, disorganized and flaky, and I'm not saying he isn't chaotic; just that he isn't half as much an idiot as he often pretends to be for the sake of making his opponent underestimate him. He never seems to take anything seriously, always needs to have the last word, talks too much when you don't want him to and not enough whenever you'd actually like him to communicate. He's easily bored and just as quickly distracted; few things ever seeming to catch his interest. He has a nonchalant attitude in the face of danger yet is terribly candid when among friends. We are looking at the recklessly cunning archetype that borders on cliché for a young hero. He is smart, observant, analytical; his mind is always racing and overthinking. He's constantly strategizing. Simultaneously, he is terribly chaotic and never actually has his shit together. He can be extremely unpredictable.
    He is cheeky and flirtatious, often speaking in double entendres that are meant to throw people off a little. He is good at saying a lot that reveals next to nothing - by which I don't mean that his phrases are empty. I mean to say that he's good at drawing attention to unrelated subjects while keeping anything that actually matters to himself. This can make it hard to know what's actually going in inside his head. He's often times further ahead of things than it seems, and when he reveals this, it's always in very sudden and direct confrontations that come out of seemingly nowhere. It's only done strategically about half of the time, but does successfully throw most people off.
    In regular conversation, even with friends, Eclipse is often charismatic and talkative (though he can be quietly brooding also, when tired or distressed). He is always walking the line with what is okay to say and what is too much. He's always slightly flirty, slightly confrontational - openly psychoanalyzing people the moment he can get away with it while also not giving away very much of himself. He's both very straightforward and very evasive. When angry, or even just slightly annoyed or worried, he has a tendency to start preaching in a callous and calculated way that most people do not appreciate or like. This does not mean he stops, because he also knows he's often in the right - even if he knows it's not actually going to give him what he wants (which is a change in behavior). When he's angry, the only weapon he dares rely on is his tongue, as it usually does get him what he wants, when he isn't angry, simply because he is good at reasoning things (I am avoiding the term "manipulative" as he is not particularly Machiavellian in nature, which said term implies). He is sharp and often notices things other do not. He is cunning and learns quickly from his own mistakes. He obsesses over them and improvement to a degree it's not entirely healthy. In general, Eclipse tends to obsess. He either gives something his all or nothing.
    He is inventive and creative. He is good at coming up with plans and strategies, but also stories, songs, and poems. He is a very curious person who likes to learn just about everything, even if it's dangerous. He despises failure, and is deeply wounded by embarrassment, but simultaneously is cocky enough to storm into things headfirst anyway. If he realizes that he can learn something along the way, he's not scared off by learning things in practice rather than only in his head. If he deems something important (like correcting injustice), he especially can be reckless. He'll always have a plan, but that doesn't generally mean that half of what actually happens isn't just pure improvisation. He thinks quickly on his feet and usually manages to do just fine with this tactic, but it does land him in a lot of trouble generally that he then needs to get out of again (which he'll do, but it nonetheless was usually avoidable had he been just a tad more careful at first). He's not afraid to use violence if he needs to. He has grown up to see the word through a very cynical lense, and cruel people are easier to gauge for him than people that are not cruel. He can clock bad intentions from a mile away, even if they are relatively concealed. He's very on alert at all times, and often gets confused when people with power are actually nice. He tends to be more confused around those than people he knows are bad. He has phases in his life where he therefore spends more time with people that he hates than with people he likes, simply because they make more sense to him. Many kind people he can't help but believe are naive, even if he really doesn't want to view anyone in that way, finding it patronizing - but he does. It throws him off when people are both smart and honest, so he gets uncomfortable being around them for too long, leaving him avoidant within relationships that are good for him. A lot of deliberate interaction is herefore picking fights with people he hates and knows are objectively terrible. It's where he feels most like himself.

Down in the forest with           
                the devil in me,

I remember the looks on their faces through the sycamore trees           

appearance:
                      Faceclaims are stupid <3 (i generated one bc i couldnt find one)

Eclipse is a scrawny brunet always dressed in army green. They are about 5'6" ft, have a slight build, and big coal black eyes that contrast sharply with their usually pale skin (even if it tans a bit whenever he travels through warmer climates). He has dark circles around his eyes that give a somewhat ghostly look to him. His features are quite traditionally feminine, with a small nose and pouty lips (I cannot describe this differently I am So Sorry), but the brooding look in his eyes makes up for it. His hair is messy and somewhat wavy and reaches his collarbones. He is usually dressed in several layers, consisting out of an army green coat, cargo pants, combat boots, several shirts to keep warm, a white singlet, and a rosary. Often has several animal pelts hanging from his belt from age 18 and onward and feathers in his hair.

Ain't no chariots of fire,
    come to take me home           

I'm lost in the woods and I wander alone

The worst flaw to have was to be boring. Yet the most effective technique of inspiring recklessness in somebody was to bore them. The sheer nothingness of that aching familiarity came with something akin to an itch that makes you accidentally scratch your skin open. Dullness and unfocused staring. You barely notice there’s blood at first. It’s all white noise, barely there - you listen to the sound of the scratching, only half fascinated, dig in your nails to chase a faint sensation - and then comes that ever annoyed “Ah, fuck!” once your fingers are coated in something sticky.
    You never really learn.
    You’re like a sizzling spark that can’t sit still. The forest fire is still in the forest in the end.

"I suppose I enjoy being predictably unpredictable."

past:

Eclipse is a child born a hundred years after the world first ended by disease. The original pandemic has been aggressively combatted with bombing and left the majority of the world in ruin. The most violent of mutations, which resulted in rabid and dangerous behavior (zombies basically lol), have died out about two generations ago - and what that leaves is a brittle, warbound society. Most people in North, Central, and East Eurasia live inside the Zones, former Quarantine Zones, that have since turned into military dictatorships full of corruption, made to believe that there is no people outside the walls aside from scavengers and raiders; meanwhile, most actual raiders that exist are military troupes. Some Zones are allied up together, others are at war. A lot of land in Central Eurasia, former Russia, is completely unsafe to tread due to radiation left from atomic bombs that the USA dropped there before invading. Not all places are controlled with iron grip, though. There are wild communities and nomads who made the forests their own, people who forgot about most of technology and went back to neolithic styles of living - and then in South-Western Europe, around the Meditteranaean especially, the walls are closer to patrolled borders, where people can travel in and out as pleased, even if there's an ongoing civil war there due to the continued discrimination against specific groups of people and the alliance with the Central Zones that furthers discrimination and engagement in human rights violations.

Originally, Eclipse was born in Marseille, France, which is under fascist rule by the early twenty second century. Eva was the child of two resistance fighters, and lived in Marseille until she was six years old. Then, for political reasons, her parents had to flee - and while fleeing, her mother caught a non-exterminated variant of the deadly disease that still has no cure and thus runs rampant, and then died. After two years of scavenging amongst the ruins, Eva got separated from her father in an incident and was abducted by a group of sadistic cannibals with the intention of raping and then eating her. Before she got murdered (but not before any damage), the group fell victim to a bigger predator: David Jankauskas, banished ex-general from the Central Zones turned cannibal bandit, who led his Zone through one of the most recent wars at that point in time and was sent away due to the extensive torture he himself oversaw on prisoners of war. He killed all of the group, safe Eva, to take their supplies, and ate some of their flesh. Upon discovering the eight-year-old girl, he decided to take her with him, because he "was bored". In truth, he knew that he could probably still find her father (as this was a man he'd met days before finding the group) and simply decided to kidnap her instead, making it less noble than it might otherwise seem.
    Within a few weeks, he went from being a meanly hostile captor trying to scare her to a father figure to her. With this, he soon began grooming her. He'd isolate her to make sure no other adults could influence her or be there as a support system, trying to avoid larger communities of people while wandering all throughout Europe. I could go into heavy detail about what sort of abuse she faced, but the truth is that David was both her captor and her father alike, and that she still has very complex feelings about him. On some days, he would teach her how to hunt and read her bedtime stories. Others, he'd drug her to induce psychosis and tell her she'd landed in Hell. Then on others, he'd signal to his friends to kidnap and torture her in various ways so he could rescue her so she would trust only him. He went through extensive methods to fuck with her, just because he could, because he knew no one could stop him; just to see what would happen. It left Eva cynical and confused, very conflicted and ashamed of just how deeply loyal she was to him on the rare occasion that others pointed out that their relationship was concerning (especially due to the sexual abuse that also took place; abuse that Eva didn't even realize was abuse until much later).

At the age of 13, David had to hide in one of the Zones to avoid military detection. So, he snuck himself and Eva into one of the Central Zones (St. Petersburg) to temporarily live there. Here, Eva came into contact with others her age for the very first time in years. Her neighbor was a girl born one year before her, Christine le Blanc, descendant of French immigrants. Due to both being French, and both being teenage girls with an interest in storytelling, the two grew very close very quickly. They spoke through walkietalkies late at night and exchanged coded messages for the fun of it. Eva didn't go to school, unlike Christine, but they spent most of the additional time together, whether it be at distance or closeby. They gave each other code names based on the literature Christine read (Eva reading plenty also, sharing reading as a hobby with David, but not having had as much time to do this when in the wild, unlike Christine). Christine and her school friendgroup had a running game of make believe wherein they were part of a secret organization, and Eva badly wanted to be part of it to feel she belonged somewhere. She never even met most of Christine's friends. When she started acquainting with one of them, Liana Vetrova, daughter of a military family who wanted herself to become a soldier, David got alarmed (afraid that this potential friendship would result in needless rebellion) and took Eva out of the Zone as quickly as he could. Eva first tried to run away then so she could go back to her friends. This was not successful. By this time, she was fifteen.

So, they continued traveling. This is already getting way too long, and I really don't feel like detailing the rest of what leads to this just yet, so I'll just put it as suit: by the time Eva is 17, she discovers that David has been abusing her. More specifically, she realizes he has been lying to her, which at that point in time, is much worse to her. She realizes a lot of the ways he's tricked her before and allowed other people to strategically hurt her to fuck with her head. Furious, she brews up a plan to escape. By this point in time, she is an excellent hunter and knows the forest well.
    She convinces David to stay in St. Petersburg again, as the security is lowest there, and she wants to go to the same stores and the like again. So, they do. Then, she packs up her things, befriends a young soldier who agrees to sneak her out of the Zone (having snuck in for the distractions that the city provides, not with the intention of living there - she just needed the supplies and alliances she couldn't get in David's own territory, which is any forest he settled in). She barters for a car. Then, she escapes David by pouring boiling oil over his face when he's asleep and running.

Eva then lived in the wild on her own. David tracked her for two more years and left behind letters and the like in places he thought she was likely to look. However, he never quite managed to catch her, and at some point vanished completely from her life. She hunted. She took out some of her anger on rapists and slavers. She befriended people from wild communities. She met Liana Vetrova again, now a rogue soldier living in the wilderness after her own series of unfortunate events, and traveled with her for a while. She met up with Christine again. Eva soon began going by just Robin, part of her code name, Peter Robinson, and then eventually fully became Peter, taking on the identity of a man. He now lives in the forest, sometimes alone, sometimes not. He is sometimes a bandit, sometimes not. Sometimes a terrorist, sometimes not. Usually just a nomadic hunter.

ΟΥΤΙΣ
    { My name is Nobody, Nobody, Nobody }

Anatomy in

TAROT
    No fun having a world where the wilderness has reclaimed the Earth without some superstition and folk magic. I am here to serve proper anarchism and connection to the land we live on through spirituality. Hence, tarot.

GENERAL CARDS:
    These cards best describe Peter in terms of personality and story arc.
    The Knight of Wands: Determined, unpredictable, adventurous, courageous, passionate
    I | The Magician: The mastermind; creation, focus, problem-solving, ambition
    XVI | The Tower: Chaos, sudden change, destruction, removal of old structures
    The Knight of Swords: Assertive, arrogant, quick-witted, cunning, headstrong

Peter is an embodiment of the knight in both the suit of wands and swords, in the sense that he is passionate, reckless, quick-witted, and fun loving. This goes paired with a comfort in chaos, and a strong desire to tear down all things injust or ineffective. He'll strategically plot the downfall of an empire. He methodically creates chaos.

HIGHER SELF:
    These cards are Peter in his most ideal form and his greatest strengths.
    The King of Wands: Charismatic, passionate, cunning, flirtatious, good leader
    XI | Justice: Righteousness, equality, fairness, truth
    The Queen of Swords: Observant, critical, independent, strategic

When not overcome with insecurity or hesitance, Peter is charismatic, a good leader, cunning, and just. He has a level of understanding of the psyche that has everything to do with emotions, but is not at all emotional; it's the ability to read others. Peter, in his own way, can be quite wise (believe it or not), and is not afraid to back down from a necessary fight. In said fight, he is strategic and ruthless - if so required. Outside, he is passionate, creative, and flirtatious.

DOWNFALL:
    These cards best describe Peter's fatal flaws and struggles.
    The Page of Swords: Paranoid, distrusting, restless, wait-and-see approach, curious
    The King of Swords: Intellectual, obsessive, control freak, rational, uncomfortable with emotions
    IX | The Hermit: Isolation, solitude, introspection, retreat
    XII | The Hanged Man: Sacrifice; the misunderstood

These are not traits that Peter lacks. Rather, they are traits he has in over abundance that end up harming him. He is too self-sacrificial. He is too comfortable in solitude and too obsessive with introspection and it makes him insanely closed off - and herefore prone to being misunderstood. He is not particularly connected to his own emotions. Usually, he gets so up in his head that he is all distrust and restlessness, completely neglecting his emotional well-being, and ends up feeling dissatisfied without understanding why. He obsessively picks apart his flaws and mistakes, but doesn't stand still to process the (often disproportionate levels of) shame and guilt attached to them.

Φωσφόρος

weapons:

BOW AND ARROW
    hungarian recurve bow - skill 9/10

Peter's very best weapon is his hunting bow. He uses it every day.
    The only reason as to why he doesn't always take it with him for a
    fight is because it's less useful up close in direct combat, and also
    because it's more to carry around than a handgun or spear.

SPEAR     
    handmade, stone spearpoint - skill 7.5/10     

Mostly used to threaten people, less for actual hunting,     
    as Peter prefers his handbow. Still, he uses his spear a lot.     

HANDGUNS
    ruger blackhawk & kimber super match ii - skill 8.5/10

Anything Peter can aim with is beloved (even if he doesn't like killing much). Handguns he finds harder to use than his bow, but he still always has one on him. He's careful not to use it to spare his ammunition. Enjoys the sound guns make.

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ✖

KNIVES
    pocket knife & hunting knife - skill 5.5/10

Not for combat, unless when stuck in an emergency. Purely for preparing food and as tool for creating other things.

additional:
    HUNTING RIFLE     
    medved hunting rifle - skill 8.7/10     

Though Peter does not have those on hand usually, he has one of them in one of his regular hideout spots. It's old, but still works.      

ASSAULT RIFLE
    AK-47 - skill 8.9/10

Most commonly used rifle by soldiers and thus easy to obtain. Peter has had enough practice with these to know how they work. Doesn't have one on him, though, because it's not practical.

HANDGRENADE     
    any he can find - skill 6.5/10     

Likes how they explode.     

There's a method in my madness

"David thinks of everyone as a chess piece. He, quietly brooding and scheming, keeping himself out of all action, is of course, king. (Always pulling strings)

I was never on his team. He could not control me. I was neither pawn nor rook; I am a wild card - something else entirely. On my own accord, I am no coward like he. I am not afraid of the heat. I am a knight."
    - On strategy in war     

'You did that just because their
    leader had one eye, didn't you?'

'Oh, come on. Admit it.
    It was funny.'

'We were robbed. Small man - maybe a woman, but they spoke like a man. Sounded young. Could even be a teenager,' Jacob rattled.
    The old hunter listened intently, his eyes too cold for Jacob to understand. So, Jacob continued. 'They disabled our guns and took most of our supplies. One moment we were drinking together, and the kid was telling jokes, the next we woke up with nothin'. Disappeared like smoke.'
    'They drugged you?'
    'Must have, yeah,' Jacob said unsurely, 'Dunno what he used, but my head still hurts like Hell. He was very friendly at first. Boss captured him and his men, but he bargained for freedom with that wine of his. Talked to us for hours.'
    'Well, it's not exactly wise to take a drink from strangers that want to escape you.'
    Jacob felt a wave of irritation well up, so he quickly waved his hand. 'Yeah, yeah, whatever. Whatever. Help us or get lost, old man.'
    There was a very small, irritating smile that tugged at the hunter's lips. 'Alright. If you say so. Did the bandit give you a name?'
    Jacob sighed. 'Dunno. Was something native. Niculul, or sum'thing.'
    'That's not a name used here in Romania.'
    'Well, I don't know!' Jacob snapped in frustration, 'It probably wasn't his real name, anyway!'
    The snort that the hunter let out didn't help Jacob feel any better. It was like this man didn't even care about his predicament!
    'Niculul,' the stranger mused. He wasn't even hiding that he was laughing at Jacob for butchering the pronunciation.
    Then, suddenly, the hunter's expression changed; some form of realization trickled in, his brows twisting. 'Nici Unul.'
    'Yeah, that could be it, I guess,' Jacob said, feeling rather insecure.
    The man licked his bottom lip. 'Nobody,' he said finally - apparently the hunter knew the English translation of the ridiculous name. His tan face then suddenly grinned, and he looked at Jacob in a way that made him feel like he was missing out on some kind of joke.
    After a while, the man then finally said: 'Your bandit knows the Odyssey.'
    - David Jankauskas realizing he's on the right trail while tracking Peter down
    (after Peter robbed the crew of a one-eyed raider in a specific way to reference Odysseus' escape from the cyclops)                                                           

his crew:

'I can't wait to introduce you to my men! Us Dirt Eaters love company. We live in the wild and we dance by the fire.'
    ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ✖

CELSIUS | "Anne Green" | Christine le Blanc | She/Her
    Her home is in St. Petersburg Central Zone under USA rule (her house is referred to as "Point 1"). Co-founder of the Dirt Eaters. Celsius befriended Eclipse when they were 14 and 13 respectively, and though Celsius does not roam the wilderness, she is still the one who came up with many of the group codes. Eclipse's first friend. If you hold her hostage he is bound to pay the ransom.

ROGUE | "Scout" | Liana Vetrova | She/Her
    Originates from St. Petersburg Central Zone under USA rule, now roams the wilderness. Home base varies from Point 7 to Point 12. Rogue soldier that's left her base. Childhood friend of Celsius primarily, though Eclipse has traveled with her too. Loves using guns and explosives.

CROWFOOT | Hedwig Schwarz | They/She
    Originates from a wild farm in Germany, now roams the wilderness. Home base is wherever Eclipse lives. Fickle and not the most trustworthy, but likes Eclipse and thus lingers around. Ran away from an abusive home to be with him. Will probably backstab him and get a redemption arc later.

NEURON | "Jane Air" | Brontë Martin | She/Her
    Her home is in Moscow Central Zone under USA rule. Does not have a strong place of belonging, currently stays in the wilderness. Not really a part of the group, but has been adopted for now by Eclipse. Was hospitalized in the Zone's abusive mental hospitals for most of her life to protect her wealthy family's reputation from the stain that was her mental illness (this being very stigmatized). Sent outside the walls after the doctors decided she was no longer worth saving.

...etcetera
    I am still making them up

'You're just like Robin Hood, with the
    bow, and the green jacket, and the
    stealing... Right? Don't you think?'

find each other

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ✖

extra:

Eclipse loves reading. It's one of his (unfortunately many) shared hobbies with David. Their favorites also overlap a lot. Eclipse reads anything he can get his hands on.
          Eclipse's favorite book is The Odyssey.
          He will rob someone just for a snack - and by that I mean candy bars. Eclipse has a sweet tooth.
          Strangely against actually killing people. He'll shoot your kneecap but not your head.
          Unless if it's a slaver, rapist, or murderer. Then he'll skin you alive (literally).
          Likes to befriend wild animals unfit for hunting.
          Has a CD collection of just bad 2000s pop songs that he likes to play on car radios whenever he has one available. His crew finds him EXTREMELY annoying for this but that won't stop him. (This is the Gen Z equivalent of listening to 80s music during the apocalypse and honestly I find it funnier even)

{ exit scene }

"Ga je nu serieus gewoon je vorige layouts niet afmaken en fonts gebruiken die de meeste mensen helemaal niet hebben waardoor alleen jij kan zien hoe dit eruit hoort te zien" Ja

Also nee de wapens die in de plaatjes staan zijn niet dezelfde als degenen die hij heeft I KNOW THISSSS maar degenen die hij heeft passen niet mooi in de layout oké

Per usual, here I'll credit whichever quote isn't mine (most are):

'Death twitches my ear.
    "Live," he says, "I am coming."'
    - Virgil (very surprising, I know, with the credits in the image itself)

"I shoot better."
    - technically mine, but a reference to Hannie Schaft's supposed last words during her execution

"It's winter. You ask me about love
    and I tell you about
    violence.

I'm sorry.

I thought that's what love was."
    - I sincerely cannot find who wrote this. Google tries to convince me it's a section of the poem "October" by Louise Gluck, but I can't find which section it's supposed to be.

"Down in the forest with the devil in me,
    I remember the looks on their faces through the sycamore trees
    Ain't no chariots of fire, come to take me home
    I'm lost in the woods and I wander alone"
    - Lyrics from the song Hellfire by Barns Courtney

"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.
    How about a nice game of chess?"
    - No clue lol

"O partigiano porta mi via
    Che mi sento di morir

E se io muoio da partigiano
    O bella ciao, bella ciao, bella ciao ciao ciao
    E se io muoio da partigiano
    Tu mi devi seppellir"
    - Lyrics from Italian folk song Bella Ciao

Outis + My name is Nobody
    - The Odyssey (and maaayyybe I also nicked the repetition from EPIC: The Musical's song Polyphemus)

"THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED"
    - Apparently it's from a song but I got it from Pinterest

"find each other"
    - Nicked from a Pinterest image of graffiti

[ bericht aangepast op 18 aug 2024 - 2:47 ]

obsessive rage

Je keek me aan, iets te lang. Voelde jij het ook?
    Ik heb het nooit gevraagd.

Basile
    Javier - Emile
    •             •             •             •             •
    naam * *
    Basile      *      want het heeft twink vibes, komt die associatie door Dorian Gray? Maybe, idc
    Achternaam      *      moet nog komen
    De naam van Javier verander ik, na vier jaar aah, dus ik twijfel nog over de voornaam. Basile heeft op dit moment mijn voorkeur, maar Emile is ook leuk. Als zijn bijnaam Bas zou worden, zou dat jammer zijn, dus Basile zou dat niet leuk vinden, liever Sil, maar ik ben bang dat Bas toch natuurlijker voelt.

leeftijd * *
    4 augustus      *      24      *      sagittarius
    Basile stapt net de volwassenwereld in. Dat is erg spannend, zo voelt hij dat ook. Hij heeft niet het gevoel dat hij klaar is om het echte leven aan te gaan.

gender & seksualiteit * *
    Basile is een queer boyy: hij is gay of biseksueel. Keuzes keuzes. Hij heeft hier geen moeite mee, al zou hij zijn gevoelens daardoor wel minder snel uitten: hij is bang dat andere mensen hier wel wat tegen hebben.

persoonlijkheid * *
                type mbti: infj
    positieve eigenschappen
    * ambitieus
    * vriendelijk
    * behoedzaam
    * creatief
    * zelfstandig
    * empathisch
    * charismatisch
                      negatieve eigenschappen
                      * onzeker
                      * perfectionistisch
                      * nerveus
                      * chaotisch?
                      * schuw
                      * koppig
                      * naïef
    Basile is makkelijk in de omgang: hij is geïnteresseerd, spreekt volwassen en kan zich wel goed redden in een gesprek. Hij kan zelfs charmant en charismatisch overkomen. Dit komt bij hem niet van nature; hier heeft hij hard voor moeten werken, vroeger was hij namelijk vooral schuw en bang voor mensen. Nu zie je die trekjes vooral terug als je naar zijn schilderijen kijkt (de wereld waarin hij zijn ziel blootlegt) en wanneer het gesprek over hem en over zijn kunnen gaat, dan begint hij ineens erg nerveus te doen.
    Hij heeft nooit het gevoel dat hij iets goed kan, dat werkt erg tegen in een wereld waarin je jezelf moet verkopen en je je al volwassene en professional moet gedragen. Hij heeft dan ook moeite met het vinden van die balans: wanneer spreek je je onzekerheden uit en wanneer moet je 'fake it till you make it' volhouden. Hij wil dingen ook graag heel goed doen, waardoor het dagelijkse leven best een uitdaging kan zijn.
    De stress die hij dan ervaart kan ook best heel intens zijn, zo intens dat hij er ook wel eens aan denkt om zijn grote ambities los te laten.
    Hij is wel erg creatief, al zou hij dat van zichzelf dus niet snel zeggen; helemaal als hij creatief moet zijn slaat hij dicht. Basile doet graag zijn eigen ding, terwijl hij dus wel zijn nerveuse kant heeft, houdt hij die goed onder controle en heeft hij in het dagelijks leven alles in de hand. Hij doet dingen graag op zijn eigen manier. Hij is niet per sé chaotisch dat zijn huis altijd een rommel is, maar hij heeft vaak precies genoeg om rond te komen: brood, wijn en verfspullen. Prioriteiten. Hij is slecht in aan zichzelf denken, maar hij geeft enorm veel om zijn vrienden. Hij kan makkelijk in zijn eigen wereld verdwijnen. Hij heeft dan ook geen moeite met alleen zijn, maar samen met anderen zijn vind hij wel erg leuk, en is ook het beste voor hem.
    Een naïeveling, hij weet het zelf ook. Hij verwacht niet snel dat mensen op het slechte uit zijn, dat komt mede om zijn empathie naar iedereen: het is toch logisch dat je niet gemeen doet..? Hij begint nu langzaam te leren om minder naïef te zijn. Hij houdt zich erg vast aan alles wat veilig is.
    Ik ben zo moe, ik wil niet meer. Maar kort: ja Basile is nerveus, maar laat dat in zijn dagelijks leven weinig zien. Hij is juist heel sociaal en heeft goede vrienden om zich heen.

,,Je zou niet liegen toch?”
    ,,Enkel verzwijgen.” Hij knipoogt en ik geef hem een zwakke trap concluderend dat hij een grap maakt. Ik had je serieuzer moeten nemen.

,,Misschien betekent het niets?"

,,Zo voelt het niet." Nee

Het leek een onbesproken overeenkomst,
    we wisten het beide. toch?

achtergrond * *
    Goed laten we wel eerlijk blijven, Basile heeft geen tragisch verleden. Hij is opgegroeid als enig kind in een groot mooi huis in Frankrijk. Zijn ouders verdienden ruim voldoende, maar het meeste geld vandaan kwam, waren van de erfenissen. Zijn ouders kwamen beide uit welvarende gezinnen en beide erfden een mooi zakcentje, en niet alleen dat, maar ook verschillende woningen.
    // herschrijving Javier

[ bericht aangepast op 13 aug 2024 - 13:45 ]

het is Schoonheid zelf op zichzelf eeuwig eenvormig met zichzelf [Plato, Symposium, 211b]