• Ik weet niet of hier veel mensen The Maze Runner kennen door James Dashner en het leek me wel een leuk idee om een RPG rond te maken. De vraag is wat andere RPG'ers hierover denken. Thoughts?

The Maze Runner is trouwens nog niet uitgekomen in het Nederlands, als ik het goed heb en binnenkort komt er een film van uit. ^^ Met Dylan O'Brien, hehe.

Ik heb het boek zelf nog niet helemaal uitgelezen, maar ik ben er al helemaal verslaafd aan.

Thomas is brought into a place known as the Glade with no previous memories of his life or the outside world. He and the 50 other teenage boys inside the Glade call themselves Gladers, and they have developed a community in which every Glader is assigned to his own job. The Glade is surrounded by a giant Maze where vicious creatures known as Grievers roam at night. Massive walls known as the Doors surrounding the Glade protect the Gladers from these creatures by sliding closed every night.

Each week supplies are brought to the Glade and once a month a new boy is sent up through an elevator known as the Box. The day after Thomas is brought to the Glade, a girl is sent with a message claiming she is the "last one". A girl has never been brought in before and the Gladers are excited and confused by her unexpected arrival. Immediately after arriving, the girl falls into a coma.

Meanwhile, Thomas learns more about the Glade. He learns that the Gladers have been trying to solve the Maze for two years and that the Grievers sting can cause you to recall memories from the past. The process is painstaking and is dreaded by other gladers. He feels oddly connected to the new girl and also befriends a young and enthusiastic (if slightly annoying) Glader named Chuck. He also befriends a boy called Newt. On the other hand, he strikes up a somewhat negative relationship with Gally, who thinks suspiciously of Thomas and claims that he has seen him, after he was stung by a Griever, in a process known as the Changing. Thomas also feels an inexplicable urge to be a Runner, the people who explore, map out, and try to find a way out of the Maze.

One day, one Runner and the "leader of the Glade", Minho and Alby return late from the job. Alby has been stung by a Griever and the two fail to make it back before the Doors close. On a whim, Thomas runs to join them in the Maze. After Minho tells them to split up and runs away, leaving Thomas with an unconscious Alby, Thomas proves he is more than capable of being a Runner by not only saving Alby from the Grievers but also tricking the Grievers into falling off the edge of the Maze, known as the Cliff, with the help Minho who gave him the idea. Minho also realises Thomas could be the best Runner they have and the two become good friends.

Ik raad jullie trouwens ook heel sterk aan om het te lezen.

[ bericht aangepast op 28 dec 2013 - 17:01 ]

help

Niemand? D:

help

I guess not, dan. :')

help

I WANT I WANT ;D

kindness is never a burden.

Ik ken het niet. D:

Imagines schreef:
    Ik ken het niet. D:

"Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards.” - Vladimir Nabokov

Ik heb boek 1 gister in A'dam gehaald, maar moet het nog lezen

It finally happened - I'm slightly mad! ~ Queen

Nostradamus schreef:
    I WANT I WANT ;D

Ik vraag me alleen af of het wel gaat lukken, aangezien het alleen maar jongens zijn die daar wonen. :'D Ah well, kan even goed based-on zijn.

AND GO READ IT, YALL. ;D

help

Fullmetal schreef:
    (...)

Ik vraag me alleen af of het wel gaat lukken, aangezien het alleen maar jongens zijn die daar wonen. :'D Ah well, kan even goed based-on zijn.

AND GO READ IT, YALL. ;D

I know right. Je pf is leeeeuk (;

kindness is never a burden.

Nostradamus schreef:
    (...)

I know right. Je pf is leeeeuk (;

Thank youuuu ^^

help

Ik moet het tweede deel nog halen, maar het lijkt me, indien goed uitgewerkt, echt heel cool om een rpg over te hebben.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Yoda schreef:
    Ik moet het tweede deel nog halen, maar het lijkt me, indien goed uitgewerkt, echt heel cool om een rpg over te hebben.

Ik heb het eerste boek nog niet eens uit. :') In ieder geval, moest ik er een RPG van maken is het nog niet voor direct, maar ik wilde gewoon weten wat jullie ervan zouden denken. ^^

help