• For any Off-topic things, or just to chat about the RPG. Here, you may spam.
    The actual roleplay-topic is exclusively for roleplay posts.

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Javert schreef:
    (...)

I totally knew you were reffering to my other baby. Shut up. Wuvs you :3

Do you know how much like Regina from Mean Girls that sounded? :')

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Gatsby schreef:
    (...)

Do you know how much like Regina from Mean Girls that sounded? :')

(cat) I am total the head-plastic in this place.

*looks in mirror* Yeah, no, i can't pull that off.

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Maniae schreef:
    (...)

I know that not everybody checks that xd
    I just find it a bit irritating if people make a unrealistic character.

I will be reading each character before putting them in the story. Until they're in the story, your character has not been officially accepted. Because I know several people in the roleplay have reported to me that this'anorexia type weight' makes them uncomfortable, I will keep an extra eye on this while I check each character.

Javert schreef:
    (...)

(cat) I am total the head-plastic in this place.

*looks in mirror* Yeah, no, i can't pull that off.

Shut up. Amy, tell her her hair looks sexy pushed back!

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Gatsby schreef:
    (...)

Shut up. Amy, tell her her hair looks sexy pushed back!

Amy, she doesn't even go here!

I'm going to be the devil's advocat here and ask why the hell a character's weight should be an issue. It's fiction. And still, in real there's people of all shapes and sizes.

[ bericht aangepast op 22 juni 2013 - 13:55 ]

Gatsby schreef:
    I'm going to be the devil's advocat here and ask why the hell a character's weight should be an issue. It's fiction.

Yeah well I wouldn't know either, but I can imagine people not liking it if they've had something like anorexia theirselves. But well, I don't mind it being an issue.. I never use weights and stuff, only when I first have to descrive another character.

In the end the only person we love is ourselves, that's why we choose to love someone who can please us the most.

Gatsby schreef:
    I'm going to be the devil's advocat here and ask why the hell a character's weight should be an issue. It's fiction. And still, in real there's people of all shapes and sizes.

I can understand that people that have/had anorexia or people that have been in close contact with it because of friends have a problem with it. I mean, 1.87 and 52 kilo's is 'skin over bone' skinny. That's 'I don't ever eat' skinny, pretty much. So fiction or not, I can imagine it's unnerving for some.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

I get what you're saying, Sam, I really do. But in real life there's people who are ridiculously skinny all around everyone, and there's people who aren't. I can hardly imagine they get upset everytime they see someone who hasn't "the perfect figure" -which to me doesn't even exist, so I just don't get why it should be an issue here.
    Because that's the idea of an RPG, to keep it as close to real life as possible, isn't it?

Gatsby schreef:
    I get what you're saying, Sam, I really do. But in real life there's people who are ridiculously skinny all around everyone, and there's people who aren't. I can hardly imagine they get upset everytime they see someone who hasn't "the perfect figure" -which to me doesn't even exist, so I just don't get why it should be an issue here.
    Because that's the idea of an RPG, to keep it as close to real life as possible, isn't it?

Well I get goosebumps when seeing someone so skinny that her leg is even more slim (?) than my arm.

In the end the only person we love is ourselves, that's why we choose to love someone who can please us the most.

I'm not talking about the particular example Sam gave. Because that is too skinny, but has it ever occured to anyone that the person might just not have thought about it and just put down some numbers?
    I just think it's ridiculous that all of a sudden we all have to start calculating BMI's for our chars, because in real not everyone has a healthy BMI. Some are slightly underweight without being able to do scrat about it and others are immensly overweight and are just as unable to change it.
    To me the idea of making sure every char has an ideal BMI is too far fetched, sorry.

Gatsby schreef:
    I'm not talking about the particular example Sam gave. Because that is too skinny, but has it ever occured to anyone that the person might just not have thought about it and just put down some numbers?
    I just think it's ridiculous that all of a sudden we all have to start calculating BMI's for our chars, because in real not everyone has a healthy BMI. Some are slightly underweight without being able to do scrat about it and others are immensly overweight and are just as unable to change it.
    To me the idea of making sure every char has an ideal BMI is too far fetched, sorry.

She didn't ask for people making every char having a perfect BMI, but a more 'healty' BMI. (:

Gatsby schreef:

That's not what I ask. I don't want it to be perfect, i just do not want any anorexia-type BMI's in this roleplay, for the sake of those people who have trouble with it. You want to make your character slightly too skinny? Go ahead. You want to make her chubby? Be my guest. But not the skin-over-bones-skinny that has been pointed out. That was the only point I am making.

Just forget it. I'll just keep my fucking piehole shut now.

Yeah, but 1.87 and 52 kilo's isn't exactly 'as close to real life as possible', in my eyes. I don't mind people being skinny or underweight. I mean, my mom has a very slender build and has always been underweight. People always used to think she had anorexia too. This, however, is about 20 kilo's underweight. I'm not saying we should ban all skinny people from the RPG, of course not everybody has a perfectly healthy BMI. Some are over, some are under, that's only natural.

I'm fine with people being really skinny. I have friends that are really skinny, my mom has teh same thing. But I, myself, also believe that 20 kilo's underweight is a whole damn lot to be normal. If you're 20 kilo's underweight in real life, that's not considered to be a good thing. You're considered to be anorexic when you have a BMI lower than 17.5, this is about 14. No, it doesn't instantly mean you have anorexia, of course it doesn't, but this isn't really realistic either. And I do realise she probably just picked random numbers, but it is something to think about too. I think Lizz is only trying to ban out these kinds of weights.

So yeah, when it comes to that one, I do think it should be more healthy. I don't mind people being underweight, as long as it's within a certain marge. Of course I'm not expecting every singly char to have a healthy BMI. Hell, that wouldn't be close to real life. But what Lizz was trying to say is that we have to keep it in mind, I think. Not that they all have to be in those perfect parameters of the BMI, it just needs to be more healthy. Of course someone can be underweight or overweight. I don't care about that, as long as it's at least normal and not life threateningly skinny. I agree that we shouldn't be like 'Omg, she's 5 kilo's too light for her hight! Nope, can't do that, sorry.' I mean, you can even be 10 kilo's 'underweight' and still be perfectly healthy.

I think that's your point too, right? Because I do agree on that, of course not everybody should be the perfect weight. BMI doesn't say everything either, so. But I do agree that we shouldn't have anorexic characters. I even doubt that's possible with perfect children, stuck in a prison.. x] But yeah, we do need to keep it real and have a variance of bodyweights and types of bodythingies which I forgot the words for. Only thing I'm asking is that we don't have overly anorexic people. And I think that Lizz is just trying to make this work for everyone =] You don't have to tightly clutch on to the BMI thing, I think ^^

I was a bit late, I see..

[ bericht aangepast op 22 juni 2013 - 14:36 ]

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.