• This topic is especially to talk English with other Quizletters. Other languages than English are forbidden.

In dit topic mag je enkel Engels praten, tenzij je een woordje niet weet. Andere talen zijn verboden. Hou rekening dat niet iedereen zo goed is in Engels. Je mag een ander op zijn fouten wijzen, maar doe dit dan op een respectvolle manier.

But I still have this faith in the truth of my dreams.

Imma go study English next year :Y)

Lirio schreef:
    I almost always think/talk/read in English ;3

Me, too, but I'm a bit insecure about my English. It's better than the most puppils in my year, but even thought then I am still insecure. I find it easy and it's like my second nature, I haven't any problems with switching between Dutch and English. But primary in the grammar I make mistakes, though. But watching English movies and series without subtitle is no problem to me, either reading English books etc. But reading and listening is the opposite of writing and talking. XD

"A weed is simply a flower that somebody has decided is in the wrong place." Sister Monica Joan, Call the Midwife

That's true.
    I'm not really good at learning new vocabulary, it's a bit confusing for me.

Well, sometimes I see the spoken/written language of others, and then I'm more like.. Well then kind of I feel like I suck.

[ bericht aangepast op 13 mei 2013 - 21:21 ]

Tijd voor koffie.

Sorry. I am back now I had to make homework sigh and I just came back from horse riding. The horse I went on was pretty stubborn and was so fast so now I my hand is open I got a (blaar don't know what it is in English sorry) because I didn't had gloves while riding.

I'm finally back, Finally after a Year break

Lirio schreef:
    Imma go study English next year :Y)

That's awesome!
    I finished my three year TTO course by passing my Cambridge exams and I've been working on my IB course for two years now. I'm quite interested in studying English when I leave school, but there's something else that fits me just a little bit better. I'm sure it's a very interesting course, though. I wish I could afford to do both :')

Caution first, always.

Kwijt schreef:
    Well, sometimes I see the spoken/written language of others, and then I'm more like.. Well then kind of I feel like I suck.

Sometimes I got that too :')
    Or like when I have to do writing exercises for school, and my teacher's like "you're too cryptic, be more clear" and then I'm like "You asked my thoughts on this, my opinion, so suck it :'D" :')

Kalgoorlie schreef:
    (...)
    That's awesome!
    I finished my three year TTO course by passing my Cambridge exams and I've been working on my IB course for two years now. I'm quite interested in studying English when I leave school, but there's something else that fits me just a little bit better. I'm sure it's a very interesting course, though. I wish I could afford to do both :')

I'm gonna try and be a translator or interpreter, with Dutch, English, Spanish and maybe some German..

Lirio schreef:
    (...)

I'm gonna try and be a translator or interpreter, with Dutch, English, Spanish and maybe some German..

Oh, sounds interesting ;D
    Are you having your exams right now?

Caution first, always.

Kalgoorlie schreef:
    (...)
    Oh, sounds interesting ;D
    Are you having your exams right now?

Almost, in 4 weeks or so. I know I start June 7, and my last one's the 20. So... And then I'm a free bitch, baby \o/

Lirio schreef:
    That's true.
    I'm not really good at learning new vocabulary, it's a bit confusing for me.

I actually have no problems with that. I learn it one day before tests and I still remember the words one year later. I have a visual and photograhic memory, which helps me remind words very easily. But grammar is totally different; that's a rule you have to use in situations (which are always different), a word is just a simple fact that never changes from definition.

"A weed is simply a flower that somebody has decided is in the wrong place." Sister Monica Joan, Call the Midwife

Lirio schreef:
    (...)

Almost, in 4 weeks or so. I know I start June 7, and my last one's the 20. So... And then I'm a free bitch, baby \o/

Exciting! I wish you the best of luck (;

Caution first, always.

Kwijt schreef:
    I used to go to bilingual education, but I quit.

I wanted that, but apparently VMBO-kids weren't worth it (insert epic L'Oreal hairflip right here).
    Well suck it losers.

[ bericht aangepast op 13 mei 2013 - 21:36 ]

No growth of the heart is ever a waste

I'm joining this topic because I love this langue. I read and write in English as well but I do that on Wattpad.

I'm finally back, Finally after a Year break

Pabiloso schreef:
    (...)

I actually have no problems with that. I learn it one day before tests and I still remember the words one year later. I have a visual and photograhic memory, which helps me remind words very easily. But grammar is totally different; that's a rule you have to use in situations (which are always different), a word is just a simple fact that never changes from definition.

I have that too, but it's not so easy when you have to learn 20 pages each time :')