• Emergency broadcasting announcement of The Purge.

This is not a test.

This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the U.S. Government. Weapons of class 4 and lower have been authorized for use during the Purge. All other weapons are restricted. Government officials of ranking 10 have been granted immunity from the Purge and shall not be harmed. Commencing at the siren, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours. Police, fire, and emergency medical services will be unavailable until tomorrow morning until 7 a.m., when The Purge concludes.

Blessed be our New Founding Fathers and America, a nation reborn. May God be with you all.

Story:

It's the year 2030 and The Purge is this going on, once a year. While some people hide in their homes for the night, others can be found on the streets. And for some rich people, it's becoming a sport. For 12 hours all crime is legal and all emergency services are suspended until 07:00. An uprising is starting against The Purge. Will you survive the night?

Characters:
    Shireen - Mae - Purger 1/1
    Macabre - Nyomi - Purger 1/1
    glxria - Sean Elrot - Reservation 28-2
    Pads - Reservation 27-2

List:
    Name:
    Inner:
    History:
    Relations:
    Extra:

Rules:

- 200 words at least
    - Maximum of 2 characters
    - Reservations stands for 4 days
    - When your character dies you are allowed to make a new one.
    - Please indicate if your name changes
    - Please inform me if you are absent for a week or longer
    - Don't judge other people for their english, mine isn't perfect as well

Who will you trust on the Purge night?

[ bericht aangepast op 28 feb 2016 - 19:46 ]

"Everytime I see the red hair bouncing so gracefully, I remember how much damage I did to that magnificient flower..."

Sean Erlot
    The ones who aren't afraid to kill, control life itself.

Name: Sean Erlot, he made that up himself.

Age: 24, he has no idea when he was born, but says his birthday is on May 26th.

Appearance

The young man has darkbrown hair, that he leaves short and shaven at the sides, out of convience, but also because he is convinced long hair would look terrible on him. His droopy, big puppy eyes have a deep chocolate colour, almost appearing to be black. His skin in a mix between caramel and olive, which makes him look quite exotic. He's not sure but his friend, a doctor, has told him he most likely has Greek blood. Above his eyes he has some thick, dark brows. Sean has a face with a very strong jawline, always a clean shaven face, and a beautiful smile. He sadly doesn't smile as often as he should. He also has a bit of an overbite, but embraces this. He has no freckles, but he does have a few moles on his body. Speaking about that, his body is thin, almost skinny, but also quite athletic. He has small muscle definition, and he is pretty strong. Sean is about 1m82 and only 69 kg. He just wear what seems comfortable, often hoodies, jeans and sneakers or boots.

Inner:

Because of the series of events in his life that have negatively influenced him, Sean tends to be pessimistic. Het tries hard not to be, to look at the bright side of things. But he just can't. He is a gloomy guy, who often feels down, sometimes even a little bit sorry for himself. But he hates having selfpity, so he pushes those feelings away. That's another thing he's great at: hiding his feelings. He does not like to show them, especially to poeple he doesn't know. Sean feels more comfortable on his own than around others, because he is such a brooding person. He is a nightowl, he likes to stay up late to finish work.
          His longing to find out who he is, and to unmask the killer of his girlfriend, made him obsessive. Because of the situation, Sean hasn't ever let anyone check him to make sure he is mentally stable, although he knows he isn't. He doesnt let this get in his way.
          Sean can be very pushing, where he wants people to stop talking and follow his command. He is not someone that gets told what to do. He is very stubborn.
          Sean definitely is a righteous person. He believes in revenge, in sanction. He gets driven bij emotions in his decisions and tends to be irrational. He will be apologetic when he makes a mistake, though. Sean can be a little shy, but is also a very passionate man. If he loves someone, he will stick his hand in fire for that someone. He is loyal.
          Sean also wants to understand things. He doesn't want to live in a bubble. He is curious, and also very protective to his beloved ones. He doesn't get scared quickly.

History
    At at certain point in his life, the 'Explosion' happened, which is the name he gave to the event that took away his memories of the past. Sean, for some reason, almost drowned, and was unconscious when a stranger saved him. The unknown man could have sworn Sean was dead, but when he suddenly woke up, and spit out the water, Sean was alive as ever. Only, he remembered nothing of his past. Not his childhood, not his family, not even why he was in the water at that point. It still scares him. He looks back at that event as his reincarnation. When Sean gained consciousness, he gave himself this name, because he didn't know what his real name was. The day after he was saved, he walked past a few buildings and on one of the nameplates he saw the name "Sean McCarty." He liked Sean a lot, so he called himself that. The same goes for his last name: he saw it somewhere.
          This all happened 3 years ago. Sean found himself a place and a job at an office. He badly wants to know who he really is, and for a fact, that is all that matters to him. He wants to know who his parents are, if they are still alive, where he lived, who were his friends, and of course his name.
          So Sean has lived a typical, boring life for a little over three years. He has even had a girlfriend. he met her 4 months after the Explosion, just when he got his life back on the track. The girl was called Lindsey, a lovely girl with a warm heart. He let her believe his parents had died in a car crash, and that he had no family left. He made up a background story, and started to write that down as if it was a novel. She bought it, and they were a very happy couple. After they were together for five months, he found out about the Purge. When it happened, they hid in the basement of a store together, and Sean was sure their bond was stronger then ever.
          A year in their relationship, she found out about the document he had on his computer. She decided to interrogate him when he came home from work, because it seemed sketchy, and when he finally told her the truth, she was heartbroken he hadn't been honest with her earlier. He tried to fix things, but she said it was too late. The break-up hurt Sean more than he could imagine what a broken relationship would feel like, and his situation got worse and worse. Luckily, he made friends with an old man, a doctor, that actually was able to tell him his age. Sean decided to trust the men with his story.
          The next purge happened, and because of his sadness about the break-up he killed a man from the window in his attic. He felt so bad about this, that he, blinded by his tears, ran over to Lindsey' house, and got shot in the arm on the way. He still has a scar from this. Lindsey, who was scared to hell, was happy to see him because he would protect her. She removed the bullet, and took care of the wound. The two made up during that night, and were back together again. Everything went well, until the last Purge, exactly a year ago. Three weeks before that night, Lindsey asked him to give her a bit of space to work things out for herself. She'd stay with a bunch of friends and loads of weapons to protect themselves in an house at a lake. Eventhough Sean knew this was dumb, he let her go.
          Everybody in the lakehouse was killed,, Lindsey included. When he found that out, he cried and layed in bed for four days straight. When he was able to get up again, his depression from her death led to an obsession with findig out the one who killed her. It became the second mystery he wants to solve. This Purge, he will find and kill the person that took his love away from him, and he will also continue to find out more about himself.

Relations

Nothing yet

Extra

- Sean is a Purger
    - His goal is to find the one that killed his girlfriend; he really doesn't give a damn about anything else
    - If he completes that and manages to find out his true identity, Sean will be ready to die
    - He is not looking for friendship or love, just revenge, but that might change
    - His weapon of choice is a Glock 17 handgun, which he stole from a drugdealer
    - He also carries around a combat knife and an iron stick during the Purge

[ bericht aangepast op 28 feb 2016 - 22:13 ]

She loops the looping around my mind

glxria schreef:
    Sean Erlot
    The ones who aren't afraid to kill, control life itself.

Name: Sean Erlot, he made that up himself.

Age: 24, he has no idea when he was born, but says his birthday is on May 26th.

Appearance:

Inner:

History: At at certain point in his life, the 'Explosion' happened, which is the name he gave to the event that took away his memories of the past. Sean, for some reason, almost drowned, and was unconscious when a stranger saved him. The unknown man could have sworn Sean was dead, but when he suddenly woke up, and spit out the water, Sean was alive as ever. Only, he remembered nothing of his past. Not his childhood, not his family, not even why he was in the water at that point. It still scares him. He looks back at that event as his reincarnation. When Sean gained consciousness, he gave himself this name, because he didn't know what his real name was. The day after he was saved, he walked past a few buildings and on one of the nameplates he saw the name "Sean McCarty." He liked Sean a lot, so he called himself that. The same goes for his last name: he saw it somewhere.
          This all happened 3 years ago. Sean found himself a place and a job at an office. He really badly wants to know who he really is, and for a fact, that is all that really matters to him. He wants to know who his parents are, if they are still alive, where he lived, who were his friends, and of course his name.
          So Sean has lived a typical, boring life for a little over three years. He has even had a girlfriend. he met her 4 months after the Explosion, just when he got his life back on the track. The girl was called Lindsey, a lovely girl with a warm heart. He let her believe his parents had died in a car crash, and that he had no family left. He made up a background story, and started to write that down as if it was a novel. She bought it, and they were a very happy couple. After they were together for five months, he found out about the Purge. When it happened, they hid in the basement of a store together, and Sean was sure their bond was stronger then ever.
          A year in their relationship, she found out about the document he had on his computer. She decided to interrogate him when he came home from work, because it seemed sketchy, and when he finally told her the truth, she was heartbroken he hadn't been honest with her earlier. He tried to fix things, but she said it was too late. The break-up hurt Sean more than he could imagine what a broken relationship would feel like, and his situation got worse and worse. Luckily, he made friends with an old man, a doctor, that actually was able to tell him his age. Sean decided to trust the men with his story.
          The next purge happened, and because of his sadness about the break-up he killed a man from the window in his attic. He felt so bad about this, that he, blinded by his tears, ran over to Lindsey' house, and got shot in the arm on the way. He still has a scar from this. Lindsey, who was scared to hell, was happy to see him because he would protect her. She removed the bullet, and took care of the wound. The two made up during that night, and were back together again. Everything went well, until the last Purge, exactly a year ago. Three weeks before that night, Lindsey asked him to give her a bit of space to work things out for herself. She'd stay with a bunch of friends and loads of weapons to protect themselves in an house at a lake. Eventhough Sean knew this was dumb, he let her go.
          Everybody in the lakehouse was killed,, Lindsey included. When he found that out, he cried and layed in bed for four days straight. When he was able to get up again, his depression from her death led to an obsession with findig out the one who killed her. It became the second mystery he wants to solve. This Purge, he will find and kill the person that took his love away from him, and he will also continue to find out more about himself.

Relations:

Extra:

He is very interesting! Is he a Purger?

"Everytime I see the red hair bouncing so gracefully, I remember how much damage I did to that magnificient flower..."

HalfBloodPrince schreef:
    (...)

He is very interesting! Is he a Purger?

Thank you, I am pretty proud of his background story (: And yes, he will be a Purger!

now we need some dead to be people and survivors tbh xD

HalfBloodPrince schreef:
    now we need some dead to be people and survivors tbh xD

Purgers are just much cooler c:

What's the difference between people and survivors?

how dare you speak of grace

Shireen schreef:
    (...)

Purgers are just much cooler c:

What's the difference between people and survivors?

people who die and people who survive

HalfBloodPrince schreef:
    (...)

people who die and people who survive

So... if I would choose a 'people' I would already know from the start that they're going to die?

Shireen schreef:
    (...)

So... if I would choose a 'people' I would already know from the start that they're going to die?

Well you have to tell in your rol description if its a survior or someone who it's going to die. But if you choose someone who is going to die, you can make another one, see the rules

HalfBloodPrince schreef:
    (...)

Well you have to tell in your rol description if its a survior or someone who it's going to die. But if you choose someone who is going to die, you can make another one, see the rules

Yeah I know, but it'd just take the suspense out of it :p If it's going to die then everybody would know from the start, wouldn't that be a lil boring?

Shireen schreef:
    (...)

Yeah I know, but it'd just take the suspense out of it :p If it's going to die then everybody would know from the start, wouldn't that be a lil boring?

we need people to die otherwise it will be boring

HalfBloodPrince schreef:
    (...)

we need people to die otherwise it will be boring

Well yes, of course but wouldn't it be better not to know beforehand? I mean, purgers could die aswel...

I agree, I think it would be interesting to see people die at unexpected moment. I am personally not afraid of having my character die, since I can make a new one. yeah it'll suck bc you put time in it, but it'd be fun to do something different and only roleplay with a character for a little while.

glxria schreef:
    I agree, I think it would be interesting to see people die at unexpected moment. I am personally not afraid of having my character die, since I can make a new one. yeah it'll suck bc you put time in it, but it'd be fun to do something different and only roleplay with a character for a little while.

Same for me. I feel that none of us have made Mary Sues or Gary Stues, so the RPG will be much more fun when the characters take their losses too (:

I will open a chat topic, okay?

http://www.quizlet.nl/forum/topic.php?tid=176334