• Emergency broadcasting announcement of The Purge.

This is not a test.

This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the U.S. Government. Weapons of class 4 and lower have been authorized for use during the Purge. All other weapons are restricted. Government officials of ranking 10 have been granted immunity from the Purge and shall not be harmed. Commencing at the siren, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours. Police, fire, and emergency medical services will be unavailable until tomorrow morning until 7 a.m., when The Purge concludes.

Blessed be our New Founding Fathers and America, a nation reborn. May God be with you all.

Story:

It's the year 2030 and The Purge is this going on, once a year. While some people hide in their homes for the night, others can be found on the streets. And for some rich people, it's becoming a sport. For 12 hours all crime is legal and all emergency services are suspended until 07:00. An uprising is starting against The Purge. Will you survive the night?

Characters:
    Shireen - Mae - Purger 1/1
    Macabre - Nyomi - Purger 1/1
    glxria - Sean Elrot - Reservation 28-2
    Pads - Reservation 27-2

List:
    Name:
    Inner:
    History:
    Relations:
    Extra:

Rules:

- 200 words at least
    - Maximum of 2 characters
    - Reservations stands for 4 days
    - When your character dies you are allowed to make a new one.
    - Please indicate if your name changes
    - Please inform me if you are absent for a week or longer
    - Don't judge other people for their english, mine isn't perfect as well

Who will you trust on the Purge night?

[ bericht aangepast op 28 feb 2016 - 19:46 ]

"Everytime I see the red hair bouncing so gracefully, I remember how much damage I did to that magnificient flower..."

MAE

'You've got hell to pay...'

Name: Mae (no last name), but people tend to call her Harley or Quincy
    Appearance: Anybody would describe her as quite stunning. That is, when she just got done dressing up. She values her appearance, but the purge always takes its toll on that. She is about 5 foot 7, but still doesn't match out to most people when wearing her favourite heeled shoes.
    Inner: The whole year she continuously counts down to the next purge. She lives for the purge. The purge is a literal purge for her. The only night she can use to express all of her anger and problems that have built themselves up during the year before, fed by her deep, deep, deep psychological problems. Suffering from MPD (multiple personality disorder), schizophrenia and APD (antisocial personality disorder), she finds the purge to silent her thoughts and voices for the time span of 12 precious hours. She spends her purge night on the streets, not bothering to hunt down anybody in particular, because everyone she had a reason for to kill, she has already killed in previous purges. She does not have a base sort of gang that she purges with every year; one would call her a 'lone wolf', but she does like to use the purge night to meet new people. Besides killing people for fun, she sometimes feels like disturbing other people's purges for fun. She doesn't really care who she kills, but she does know how to assess her chances of succes. She's risky, but is just smart enough not to bring herself into life-threatening danger.
    History: Mae has never been able to live a happy, careless childhood. Unfortunately for her, her mental problems had been diagnosed with her at a very early age, causing her to spend most of her time in hospitals and many psychiatrists' offices. None of the physical nor the mental therapy she got seemed to work on her, leaving her parents and one older brother desperate with a heavily mentally 'disabled' child and sister. Every school they tried to put her in suspended her for one thing or another. Stabbing people with scissors, anticipating fights between other students, scaring other students with her actions or just generally breaking out in either screams or laughter for no reason whatsoever. Having never experienced a nice moment in her history of twenty different public schools, she's never really had the option of developing her intelligence. Everything she knows she's learned from either her parents, her brother, movies, or the streets she's been spending much of her adolescence on. She knows how things work, but apart from that her intelligence isn't very high-rated.
    Relations: None yet, open for suggestions.
    Extra: She does not have a particular weapon of choice, but she always carries her personalised baseball bat with her. Which she most definitely will use to smash in brains if not given a different type of weapon.

'I started a joke, which started the whole world laughing.
    But I didn't see, that the joke was on me.'

[ bericht aangepast op 14 feb 2016 - 23:27 ]

how dare you speak of grace

Shireen schreef:
    MAE

'You've got hell to pay...'

Name: Mae (no last name), but people tend to call her Harley or Quincy
    Appearance: Anybody would describe her as quite stunning. That is, when she just got done dressing up. She values her appearance, but the purge always takes its toll on that. She is about 5 foot 7, but still doesn't match out to most people when wearing her favourite heeled shoes.
    Inner: The whole year she continuously counts down to the next purge. She lives for the purge. The purge is a literal purge for her. The only night she can use to express all of her anger and problems that have built themselves up during the year before, fed by her deep, deep, deep psychological problems. Suffering from MPD (multiple personality disorder), schizophrenia and APD (antisocial personality disorder), she finds the purge to silent her thoughts and voices for the time span of 12 precious hours. She spends her purge night on the streets, not bothering to hunt down anybody in particular, because everyone she had a reason for to kill, she has already killed in previous purges. She does not have a base sort of gang that she purges with every year; one would call her a 'lone wolf', but she does like to use the purge night to meet new people. Besides killing people for fun, she sometimes feels like disturbing other people's purges for fun. She doesn't really care who she kills, but she does know how to assess her chances of succes. She's risky, but is just smart enough not to bring herself into life-threatening danger.
    History: Mae has never been able to live a happy, careless childhood. Unfortunately for her, her mental problems had been diagnosed with her at a very early age, causing her to spend most of her time in hospitals and many psychiatrists' offices. None of the physical nor the mental therapy she got seemed to work on her, leaving her parents and one older brother desperate with a heavily mentally 'disabled' child and sister. Every school they tried to put her in suspended her for one thing or another. Stabbing people with scissors, anticipating fights between other students, scaring other students with her actions or just generally breaking out in either screams or laughter for no reason whatsoever. Having never experienced a nice moment in her history of twenty different public schools, she's never really had the option of developing her intelligence. Everything she knows she's learned from either her parents, her brother, movies, or the streets she's been spending much of her adolescence on. She knows how things work, but apart from that her intelligence isn't very high-rated.
    Relations: None yet, open for suggestions.
    Extra: She does not have a particular weapon of choice, but she always carries her personalised baseball bat with her. Which she most definitely will use to smash in brains if not given a different type of weapon.

'I started a joke, which started the whole world laughing.
    But I didn't see, that the joke was on me.'

Damnit, you stole my idea! :P

but besides that, she is good

"Everytime I see the red hair bouncing so gracefully, I remember how much damage I did to that magnificient flower..."

HalfBloodPrince schreef:
    (...)

Damnit, you stole my idea! :P

but besides that, she is good

D: sorry
    is it ok or should I change?

Shireen schreef:
    (...)

D: sorry
    is it ok or should I change?

No, no she is fine!

I HAVE DONE TO YOU, WHAT NATURE HAS DONE TO ME.

Name:
    Nyomi, but she has been calling herself Nyx.
    Appearance:
    Nyx's hair is long, reaching her lower back and dark of colour. It's curly, therefore often frizzy as she isn't exactly the type to keep it up daily. The dark color of it is in strong contrast with her pale skin, yet it matches her dark eyes, brown, nearly black. Nyx has full, rosy lips, though she has the bad habit to pick the skin of it, leaving it bleeding in most occasions, usually when she is feeling anxious.
    Her body is abnormally skinny, but short with 5 feet, two inches. People would see her as 'weak' for both her weight and height, but it only works in her advantage, as she moves quick and quietly.

Inner:
    Quiet. Isolated. Dangerous. Fatal.
    Nyx has never been able to cope with the tough road she has been going down for the past eight years. She used to be sweet, caring, naive. But all of that is gone since she lost her parents. It's like it flipped a switch - she only wants revenge. She lives for revenge. To the point she is sadistic, merciless and deranged. Obviously, the Purge is something Nyx looks forward to every year. She is murdering since the age of fifteen, and in between the purges she is constantly busy with plotting, training and observing. She usually picks out her victims beforehand, lurking in the shadows and getting to know their weaknesses and strong points, one of her secret weapons - having all the knowledge she needs, it usually makes them easy victims. In the act Nyx is usually very calm and relaxed, talking to her preys as if they are old friends. Sharing stories, talking about her past memories. This, whilst cutting her victims open, slowly, never quick, never shallow. She has a very specific way of handling it.
    Which is what she does in her spare time, though. She has spend her years looking for the killers of her parents, but with no luck. And as the years passed, she got more angry, more vicious. Nyx is well known by most, probably because she is surviving on her own, willingly on the streets. Only few know of her deranged side, though, as she hides it well, barely speaking and thus opening up to people she doesn't trust. But Nyx makes a good friend, if you have the luck of getting through to her. She still has a bit of her old self left, but she doesn't allow herself any weaknesses, thinking she won't survive in the situation she's in. Plus, she is afraid to feel again, scared to get attach to things - or people - she could lose.

"Are you sure you still want to play this evil little game?"

History
    Nyx's life has taken a drastic turn when she was about fifteen. She comes from a poor family, luxury wasn't something she ever experienced. Both her parents were unemployed - her mother never worked, taking the job as a housemom, but her dad did, until he got fired. He couldn't cope with the stress, and, according to her mother, he fell back into old habits by drinking. He spent most of the days at pubs, using their last money on booze. Her parents argued lots, her father becoming abusive. The night of the purge her dad was, as per usual, getting himself drunk, leaving the pub too late and getting himself killed. Her mother went out looking for him, but she too never returned, leaving Nyx behind at age fifteen. She got kicked out of the house because naturally she couldn't pay the bills, forcing her to survive on the streets.
    About a few months later she got in touch with other homeless kids, a few years older than her. However, like most street kids, they used drugs to survive. Grieving and desperate for solutions, Nyx tried it as well, getting dependent on the drugs. The group actively participated in the Purge. Being young, Nyx was scared. One of the guys, the one who found her, was like an older brother to her, protecting the girl. He told her to not to be afraid, and handed her a gun, teaching her how to use it. Years passed by and the scared little girl soon turned into a mature teen, forcing herself to suppress her fears, her survival instinct taking over. She toughened up. She was bloodthirsty. Nyx never fully processed the sudden loss of her parents, and combined with the abuse in her youth, she was left angry - angry at the world, her parents, their killers. Still being hooked on the drugs, Nyx slowly started to realize that this would get her killed sooner or later. She was weak, pressured most of the time and had lost total control over her situation. On a cold, wintery night, she decided to be on her own, and just like that she left - leaving the drugs she used to survive, her 'older brother' whom had thought her to kill, the only family she had left.
    Now, years later, she is still a lone wolf. Still living on the streets. Sure, she had lots of opportunities to get a job and get back her place in society. But she doesn't want to. She likes the streets better, the independence, the danger, even. And she is determined to find the killer - or killers - of her parents, wanting to take her revenge. Wanting to rid herself of the bloodthirst, no matter what it takes.

Relations
    None. ('older brother' from her past?)
    - (one of her parents' killers?)

Extra
    -Although she has been thought to handle a gun, she usually prefers weapons that kill slowly. Such as a knife. Nyx always carries a dagger with her, if it's not for killing, it's for protecting herself.
    - She hasn't touched drugs for years, but if she ever gets the opportunity, it would be difficult for her to resist. She hasn't exactly been 'recovered' from her drugs abuse, but instead ran away from it. But of course she sometimes has extreme cravings, and in those moments it's hard for her to not to freak out.
    - Nyx wanders around a lot, but she has a place she always comes back to to stay the night - just outside the center, in an abandoned shack.

[ bericht aangepast op 16 feb 2016 - 1:25 ]

"When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.''

Not completely satisfied with her just yet. Might add or change some things. XD Also, it has been ages since I roleplayed on Quizlet, so I hope my role is okay. If not, I'd gladly hear so. :3

[ bericht aangepast op 16 feb 2016 - 1:04 ]

"When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.''

Macabre schreef:
    Not completely satisfied with her just yet. Might add or change some things. XD Also, it has been ages since I roleplayed on Quizlet, so I hope my role is okay. If not, I'd gladly hear so. :3

no, no she is good!

MT, for now.

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.

Zijn er nog meer gegadigden?

HalfBloodPrince schreef:
    Zijn er nog meer gegadigden?

Jij niet?

Shireen schreef:
    (...)

Jij niet?

Jawel maar ik ben nog aan het denken hoe ik mijn rol moet gaan uitleggen :W

Oh. My. God.
    The Purge is real :O
    I am actually doubting this because my English isn't all that great and I am not so good at character development, either.

Edit: Well to hell with it. I'd like a guy.

[ bericht aangepast op 26 feb 2016 - 22:59 ]

She loops the looping around my mind

glxria schreef:
    Oh. My. God.
    The Purge is real :O
    I am actually doubting this because my English isn't all that great and I am not so good at character development, either.

just give it a try, my english isnt that good at all and with character development, we can help you or take the roles before as an example

I'd like a guy, please (:

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.

Pads schreef:
    I'd like a guy, please (:

sure