• Penny Dreadful

"Something wicked is coming this way..."

London, 1890

After the horrors of Jack The Ripper in 1888. London gets terrorized with something new, something supernatural. Only a few people in London dare to stand up against these cruels lurking around London at night. But are they inflicted with the supernatural themselves?

Topics:

Characters:
    Males:
    LukeRHemmings Alexander Jackson Smith [fortuneteller] 1-2
    AzazeI reservation [vampire] 19-8

Females:
    Rasalhague- Rose Blanchet Kingsley [human] 1/1
    Serenata Amanda Celina Lowther. [Vampire] 1/2
    Scira Hester Uma Kyrrell [Nightcomer] 1/3
    Alazia Reservation [Daycomer] 18-8

Others:

Special characters:

Dorian Gray
    A young man who trapped his soul in a painting and gained immortality.

Viktor Frankenstein
    A young doctor who is obsessed with the living and dead.

Creature
    A man created from the dead by the hands of Viktor Frankenstein

Ethan Chandler
    A Amercian man who seeks salvation and work in London. Appears to be a werewolf.

These characters are also available but it's forbidden to take faceclaims from the serie itself! You can extend these character as you want and as you wish.

Important information:
    - This RPG is open for 16+.
    - This RPG definitely contains horror and the supernatural.
    -Eventhough your english isn't that good, you can still participate, my english isn't that perfect either.
    -Posts minimum 300 words.
    - Reservations stay for four days.
    - Questions? Ask them!

And most of all
    Don't be frightened!

[ bericht aangepast op 8 sep 2015 - 19:42 ]

"Everytime I see the red hair bouncing so gracefully, I remember how much damage I did to that magnificient flower..."

Mt

Bowties were never Cooler

mt

Seasons will change, but I shall remain

Hoe starten we?

CalTHood schreef:
    Hoe starten we?

Ik zal dalik een kleine kranten artikel maken met een moord

"Everytime I see the red hair bouncing so gracefully, I remember how much damage I did to that magnificient flower..."

MT

16 - 09 - '17

MT

Forget the risk and take the fall...If it's what you want, it's worth it all.

23th of August, 1890- London.

The streets are filled with rumors that Jack the Ripper is back. With all the murders happening lately we don’t blame the people but slaughtering a whole family isn’t Jack’s style. The police department won’t take a moment to give us a proper moment of truth. With all the penny dread fulls happening lately we ask the people of London to be cautious.

Have fun and remember: Don't be frightened!

Alex Smith
    Fortune teller || Blind || Out and about for the first time in a long while
    I had been trying to prove to my parents that I was able to survive while living on my own. The cooking as still kind of a problem, because I had to remember where all the pans and knifes were, so I wouldn't hurt myself. I had in fact managed to prepare a meal with ust 4 blisters on my hands and 3 cuts, so it wasn't that bad. Now they had sent me out te get some groceries, so I'd strapped Pip in het harnass and put on a jacket. I hadn't been out in weeks and weeks. The last time was to get to the eyedoctor, who still kept an eye on my eyes, for signs of infection or anything, due to the fact that I'd badly mangled them in the past, which had blinded me, but hadn't taken the damn visions away. I went ther myself, just like I was now, though this was more exciting. This as hopefully a step towards freedom. I might never gain freedom from my visions, but I might leave my parents house before I was 30, and that was something, even for a weird blind boy. While walking across the street, to here I thought the shops were, I heard all kinds of murmers and had all kinds of flashes, that were luckily too fast for a clear view. Suddenly I heard someone yelling. I froze, untill I noticed it was probably the paperboy. "The Ripper claims another family! Just in! The Ripper slaughtered another family! Police sceptic! Read it all here!" Well, that might explain the terrible images I'd seen the last couple of days, though they seemed so different from before. Maybe it was the Ripper, maybe it wasn't. I already knew I couldn't change my visions, and I still wanted to prove I could do the shopping. So I walked to the, what seemed like a little boy. "Can I get a paper and can you tell we what way to go for the shops?" I searched for 25p for the newspaper and 10p extra for his directions, which he both gave me politely. I turned away and followed his directions, untill it smelled like I was at the greengrocers. I let Pip look for the door and walked in, Ofcourse I bumped into someone on my way to the counter. "I'm so sorry" I murmered, rying to regain my composure and keeping Pip in check.

[For whoever wants to join the blind weirdo]

[ bericht aangepast op 9 sep 2015 - 21:33 ]

Rose Blanchet Kingsley ~ Human

I was walking down the streets of London, not really knowing where my feet would bring me. The streets were filled with people, people with fear in their eyes while holding todays newspaper. They were talking, but I couldn't really figure out what they were saying. I couldn't really concentrate, my head was filled with memories I tried to forget a long time ago.
    I clenched my fists. It was a beautiful day and I refused to spoil it with some bad memories. I straightened my back, held my chin up high and walked into a random shop. The door closed behind me with a little thud, causing me to look over my shoulder. It's nothing, just a door. I forced a little smile on my plump lips, walked a little bit further into the shop and grabbed a green apple of the top shelves. Before I decided to buy it, I gave it a closer look. Alyssa liked green apples. The smile faded away on my lips. Damn it, suck it up. I'm not some weak hearted bitch who weeps with every single memory.
    I stood there for a while, not knowing whether I should buy the damn apple or not. It sickened me. After all these years I still couldn't stand the fact that I lost my family. It was unbearable, they left a gaping hole into my heart and I still didn't know how it was possible to breathe while my chest felt so tight. I didn't even know why I tried so hard to survive while I just could give up. It would be so much easier. What the hell am I doing?! I know why try my best. I want revenge and I will get it!
    The shop owner was watching me like a hawk. I couldn't blame him, I was the one standing there for fifteen minutes in silence looking at a green apple with a hard look on my face. Can't blame the man for thinking I'm a thief. "I'm not going to steal it, you know?"
    Right after I said that, the door opened once again. A tall, pale man with a giant dog walked in. He didn't really said a word, until he bumped into me. I heard him mumbling an apology, but that wasn't good enough for me. It wasn't his fault, but I was in a very bad mood.
    "Watch it, you fool! And keep your big ball of fur away from me!" I grabbed a new apple from the top shelves because I had dropped mine. "Ok, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. It's an offensive thing to say. Just watch where you're going next time."

[ Crappy first post ]

[ bericht aangepast op 10 sep 2015 - 8:57 ]

Alex Smith
    I knew I'd bumped into someone and I was truely very sorry, but the person, I now noticed it was a girl, had no chill. She started yeling at me and I cringed, while Pip started growling. She was very protective of me and I had a hard time controling her, because I was still recovering from the shouting. I finally stood up straight again and tucked on Pip's leach to hold her back. I actually wanted to apologise again, when she did. I listened ad smiled a tiny bit, untill her final words reached my ears, and my face dropped into a sadness. I lifted my hair from my eyes and tried to look in her general direction. "I wish I could. That's why I brought the so called 'furball'." My voice was soft and my eyes rolled arund a bit dazed. Suddenly they fixated, probably on the girl, and I got all kinds of images trough my head. My breath also stopped and my heartbeat dropped. I now knew how she looked, but also while being in a very terrible state of mind. It was terrible to see. I did see some sparks of light, but as per usual my mind focussed on the pain. I still had to work on that. Once it was done I gasped for air and dropped my hair and my head again. "I'm sorry you had to see that. It usually doesn't happen this sudden." At this point I usually felt them coming, but this was extremely sudden. Probably because I hadn't had any real visions in days, except for my nightmares about the murders. I hadn't had any customers, so I hadn't been close to other people than my parents, and because mum is a fortuneteller aswell, while dad is an unreadable. I could force it with cards or tea, but I never did. Home was my safe place, and I never wanted to change that. "I'll leave you to your shopping and look for someone to help me with mine. Sorry again for bumping into you." I murmered before letting Pip's leach go a bit so she could lead me around the girl and to the counter to get me some help. I didn't want to inconvenience anyone, especially not with my lack of sight and abundance of visions. No one wanted that, or needed it. I already felt bad for bumping into this girl and needing to ask the storeclerk to help me. I let my fingers run through Pip's fur, just to calm myself and stop further visions from happening, in the shop. That wouldn't be pleasant for anyone, especially now I couldn't channel it through any medium to calm it down and let it make sense.

Amanda Celina Lowther~Infected Vampire
    You would say this was a normal day. Everyone was reading a news paper, but this time there was something different. People had fear in there eyes. They were shocked, but of what?
    Curiously I walked up to a man who sold the news papers. 'Is Jack the Ripper back?' he shouted in the air. Jack the Ripper? Was he busy killing prostitute again? 'One news paper please.' I asked quielty. I let everyone think I'm a shy young woman, but that is far from the truth. He gave me the news paper and I have him the money. I walked away from the crowd around the man. The frontpage was filled with this 'Jack the Ripper'. 'The streets are filled with rumors that Jack the Ripper is back. With all the murders happening lately we don’t blame the people but slaughtering a whole family isn’t Jack’s style. The police department won’t take a moment to give us a proper moment of truth. With all the penny dread fulls happening lately we ask the people of London to be cautious.'
    A whole family was killed and I didn't know that. The artical was right, this wasn't Jack's style, it was something else. We didn't do it, so who did? I became very curious and I would love to find out who did it, if my master allowes it. I continued to walk with the news paper in my hand. I did not read the rest of the news paper, because i didn't care about the other stories. I walked past a store as I felt a strange feeling. I normally got this feeling if I encounter something inhuman. Curiously I walked into the story. I walked slowly and looked around. The only thing I saw was food, a lot of food. I picked up some red apples, like I was really here to buy groceries.

[ bericht aangepast op 21 sep 2015 - 16:27 ]

“I wish I could. That's why I brought the so called 'fur ball’” I bit my lip for a few seconds while wondering why I could be such a complete bitch. It wasn’t my intention, it never was but it just happened. It was just like a spasm, I couldn’t control it, not even if I wanted to. No, that’s just bullshit.
    I tried to apologize one more time but there was something about this guy that made me hesitate. He looked straight at me and at the same time, he didn’t. It was so weird, I[i/] felt so weird. I didn’t understand what was going on, but I had a feeling that this wasn’t something normal. He was a strange type of guy, but I didn’t felt any danger. I think I’m losing my mind.
    “I'm sorry you had to see that. It usually doesn't happen this sudden.”
    Aha! I knew it, I’m not losing my mind. There’s definitely something going on with this guy! I tried to ask him about it, but before I could, he spoke once more.
    "I'll leave you to your shopping and look for someone to help me with mine. Sorry again for bumping into you.”
    “Wait,” I reached for his arm, but my hand stopped mid-air. This would be so inappropriate. “I’m sorry, I truly am.” My eyes switched between him, his dog and back. “I’m just not used to strangers, that’s all.” I looked at his face in silence. “But I’m working on it.”
    I smiled for a second, but it disappeared right after I remembered that he couldn’t see it. Somehow I always managed to act so weird in unfamiliar situations. It’s true, I didn’t knew how to act or how to say nice things. My thoughts were killing me!
    Right when I tried to say a nice thing, the shop door opened for a second time. Alarmed by the noise, I turned my head. A beautiful young woman entered the store. I couldn’t keep my eyes off her, she was so interesting. Pale skin, blue eyes and gorgeous wavy hair. I immediately forgot what I was doing there in that store.
    I was watching her from a distance while she reached for some red apples. Every move she made was so controlled, it was fascinating. I came back to my senses, ran a hand through my red curls and straightened my back. I had to get out of here! I didn’t feel comfortable and my palms were sweaty all of a sudden.

[ bericht aangepast op 11 sep 2015 - 1:21 ]

Alex Smith
    I just wanted to walk past the girl, when her words stopped me dead in my tracks. I tried to look into her general direction`, without getting any more visions. This was always the thing that made me most selfconsious and insecure, because I felt like I was doing a poor job passing for someone who could see. She started apologising once again, but I just brushed it off. "It's okay. Don't worry about it. You couldn't have known." Well, she could, but I didn't want her to feel bad about it. No one should feel bad for doing something on accident. I knew how it felt and that was terrible. I jumped a bit due to the ringing of the store's bell, when another person entered. I couldn't see who it was, but the temprature in the store suddenly seemed to drom a fre degrees. It didn't make me feel comfortable at all and it made me wanne leave, but I had to get my groceries first. "Could you perhaps help me get to the store clerk, so he can help me with my shopping?" I asked her, before ruffling my hair a bit. My eyes casually spun through the room, which I shouldn't do if I didn't want to have any visions. Suddenly my eyes fixated again, probably on the new customer, and I got the most horrid pictures, They weren't the normal bad images, but they were images of bloodbaths, piles of corpses, moarning families who in turn turned into the dead who were being mourned. It didn't seem to stop and I simply couldn't breath. What on God's green earth was going on. Had Jack the Ripper just walked in or something? With a tremendous amount of effort I was able to pull myself out of it. I loudly gasped for air and put my hand om Pip's back, just to keep myself upright. No one was allowed to know what I just saw, but at thesame time I couldn't help but think to tell someone who could report this person to the police. The proble with that was, that I would in turn be arrested for being a supernatural being. My eyes were probably in a state of be wilderment and I myself was in a state of pure shock. I'd seen some terrible things, but never this terrible. Usually it was some pain and some loss and some death, but this was far too much for me. I was still panting from it, and now I had to do groceries, while my body and mind told me to flee the scene and never return... Great.

Amanda Celina Lowther~Infected Vampire

I looked at the red apples. The dark red colour made them look tasty for humans. From what I knew from my human life is that the looks of the apple can be deceiving. They may look beautiful, but that didn't say antything about the taste. It was a weakness of the humans: Beauty. I noticed that a young woman with red hair stared at me. I picked up an apple and looked at the woman and the strange man. The red-haired woman looked like she felt uncomfortable. I put a small tuft of hair behind my ear and walked to the next shelf of food. This time it was carrots. I picked up some of the carrots and inspected them. I picked the best looking carrot. I needed to look more human. Most people didn't notice I was not human, but when they did, it was mostly too late for them.
    I wondered why the woman looked so stressed. However, the strange man with the dog looked far more interesting. He cleary gasped for air, like his longs did not want to work anymore. He put his hand on the back of his large and fluffy dog. Was he the one I felt outside the store? I looked around the story. There was no one else here, except us and the owner of the store. The red-haired woman was obviously human, just like the store owner. He walked slowly to the man and woman. The mans face looked a bit pale. I put on a 'I'm worried' face. 'O my god, is he okay?' I asked with a friendly and worried face. My voice sounded different. It soundes worried and maybe a bit scared, not like my normal voice tone. 'Do you have problems with your lungs?' I asked the man.
    I noticed something unusual. the man could not see me, he was blind. Yet he could still feel my presence. This man became very interesting and maybe even handy.

[ bericht aangepast op 21 sep 2015 - 16:28 ]

"It's okay. Don't worry about it. You couldn't have known."
    Yet I felt quite guilty for not knowing. I didn't even look at the guy before I decided to open my big mouth. It was a fact, I was a complete idiot. I dropped my shoulders a little bit, I felt so ashamed. My parents would be disappointed and I couldn’t bare that thought.
    "Could you perhaps help me get to the store clerk, so he can help me with my shopping?" He asked.
    Maybe this was my chance to do the right thing for a change. I looked at him, with a hint of a smile but before I could speak, he turned pale. He gasped for air and touched his dogs back. He looked frightened, that was obvious but I couldn't figure out why that was.
    "O my god, is he okay?" It was the woman who opened her mouth to speak. "Do you have problems with your lungs?"
    "I-I don't know what's happening to him." My voice was trembling. "Hey, are you ok? Do you need a doctor or something?"
    Normally I wouldn’t reach out to a stranger like that, but I couldn’t afford to be a bigger jerk than I already was. It was the least I could do after I treated him so badly.
    “Hey, I don’t know what’s going on, but trust me…You don’t look very good.” I placed my hand very carefully on his shoulder. “Do you need to sit down or something? Or do you need a glass of water, cause I can get it for you, if you want.”
    I looked at his dog, not knowing what to do. My hands felt very cold, due to the fact I was quite nervous. I regretted the fact that I had left my house today, everything wasn’t going so well and I really didn’t know if I could handle much more today.

[Sorry that you guys had to wait so long. I was quite busy]