• Hoi!

Ik hoorde net het nummer 'Run' van Leona Lewis. Ik wil graag weten waarover de tekst gaat. Ik weet de vertaling van de tekst, maar ik weet niet wat de betekenis van het nummer is.
    Als iemand het weet, dan zou ik het fijn vinden om te horen. :)

Much love,
    BrooksBro!

"I didn't invite you to my barbecue, so why are you all up in my grill?" - Calum Hood

Het is van Snow Patrol...

Snow Patrol: Run Meaning

Take me to wonderland

De originele versie is van Snow Patrol en dit staat er op Wikipedia.

"Snow Patrol's frontman, Gary Lightbody, conceived the idea of writing "Run" in 2000. In an interview with Michael Odell, from Q magazine, Lightbody explained the song was not written about "being a child", as he tended to say. He described: "I was on a massive bender and one night I was drinking in the bar of the Glasgow School of Art. I fell down a full flight of stairs. Jonny Quinn found me in the stairwell with blood coming out of my head ... I split my head open and my eye was closed and I lost a few teeth ... I wrote Run soon after on this little guitar I'd tried to smash up in my shitty little room near Hillhead. The words 'Light up, light up' gave me this sense of a beacon." In an interview with Daily Mail in 2009, Lightbody added: "We had nothing. I was in a flat in Glasgow. No doubt it was raining. The song was me writing about an imagined world, projecting myself into better times."Beside Lightbody, it was written by Quinn, Nathan Connolly, Mark McClelland and Iain Archer. "Run" is a Britpop power ballad, composed using common time in the key of C major, with a tempo of 72 beats per minute. It is written in the common verse–chorus form, and its chord progression goes Am–Fmaj7/A–Gsus4, it repeats once, and later it changes to Am–F6/C–Gsus4, which also repeats one time, and then the sequence restarts.[6] Lightbody's vocal range performs from A3 to F5, and the song features bass guitar, cello, drums, guitars, viola and violins as its musical instruments. Adrienne Day wrote for Spin that "Run" includes "guitar riffs", whilst Joe Bosso described the song as "dark and moody".

To the stars who listen — and the dreams that are answered