• Ehh ... Ik gok maar dat hij hier moet, ook al komt hij van een andere website af. Dit verhaal vind ik in ieder geval een echte aanrader! _O_
    Hij is wel in het Engels geschreven, maar ik blijf maar aan één stuk doorlezen. (Dat zegt wel wat, aangezien ik zelden tot nooit het geduld op kan brengen om iets te lezen!)

Tales From the House of the Moon: The Maiden and the Lord of the West

Title: Tales From the House of the Moon: The Maiden and the Lord of the West

Summary: Kagome, now in college, discovers the tale of Sesshomaru and Rin. Grief can be a prison, but the bonds of love are not easily broken.

Pairings: None

Categories: Gen, Fairytale, Drama

Rating: PG-13

Author's Notes: I wrote this story in my head as I traveled back from a trip to my old alma mater, and damned if I didn't get a speeding ticket. I blame this fic. I'm not sure if this is the beginning of a story, a series of fairy tales, or a one-shot. We shall see.

Tales From the House of the Moon:
    The Maiden and the Lord of the West

Kagome settled back in her chair in the lecture hall, her foot twitching impatiently as she waited for the beginning of her class. She was a senior now in college with her Archaeology degree nearly squared away, except for this particular requirement: Myths and Legends of Japan. She'd saved it for the end of her college career for a reason ; it was almost a treat, something to reward herself for making it through.

So far, though, it had been rather boring. Secretly, Kagome had been wishing to hear of any news of Inuyasha in whatever dusty tomes her professor could dig up, but so far it seemed that she and her friends - she repressed the familiar, painful hitch in her chest - had passed out of the pages of history, and even out of imagination. All that remained of them was her own memory and the broken well, hidden in the darkness of her shrine home.

However, today might hold some more clues to Inuyasha's family at the very least. During the last class period, she had been immensely excited, barely able to hold still, for they had discussed the legend of Inutaisho and Ryuukotsusei, and as far as she could tell it was fairly accurate. Tenaeda-sensei had told the story of how the Demon Lord of the West had fallen in love and taken a human wife, but since such a thing was weakness, he had been challenged by his vassals to test his strength. The taiyoukai battled a dragon of lightning in order to secure his lands and rule, but the dragon had administered a fatal blow and Inutaisho had only been able to seal it into the mountain. If it hadn't hit her so close to home, Kagome would have thought such a tale to be terribly romantic, but she knew the rest of the story - how the Lord's wife had a child who suffered for his father's death, and how his father's choice drove a wedge between his sons - and she was saddened by it instead.

Her mouth twisted ruefully. Perhaps today's story wouldn't be quite so depressing. This morning, they were going to read a lesser known fable about Inutaisho; one that promised to reveal why the powerful demon felt such compassion for mankind, rather than the disdain commonly felt by the rest of his race. While it wasn't anything about Inuyasha, it was still something, and these days, five years after she had last seen him, almost anything that hinted at him seemed like some kind of connection, something that joined them across the echoing chasm of time. With effort, Kagome stilled her twitching foot, and glanced down at her notebook, ready to take down anything and everything that seemed important. Tenaeda-sensei was an excellent story-teller, and sometimes it was difficult to pick out the important aspects of his stories.

Around her, students grew quiet as the professor wandered in, beaming at them all with bright white teeth and round cheeks. Kagome smiled back, his cheer warming her a little, loosening the ropes of anxiety that bound her heart these days. She realized that she was chewing on her pen and quickly took it out of her mouth, readying herself.

Tenaeda-sensei cleared his throat, and the class sat up straighter, eager to begin. Their professor smiled, and began the lesson.

"Today," he announced, "we will study the legend of the Maiden and the Lord of the West." He made a great show of readjusting his tie, and cracking his knuckles, which just made the class squirm in their seats; everyone liked a good story, and Tenaeda-sensei only delayed when the story was particularly good. Kagome almost bit through her lip.

Finally, ministrations finished, he cleared his throat again, rearranged his notes, and began.

"Long ago, the Youkai Lord of the West was a cold, hard man, who cared little for other demons and less for humans. He was known all across Japan as a ruthless ruler with an iron grip on his lands, and whomever crossed his path, he killed without compassion or mercy or distinction for friend or foe. He had no allies, and no companions."

Lees hier verder.(:

[ bericht aangepast op 19 april 2011 - 16:26 ]

Bloedspetters besmeuren de muren van de ruïnes, van iets wat men ooit een beschaving noemde maar al lang is vernietigt.