• Aangezien het nu zomervakantie is en het weer niet altijd even goed is heb ik besloten een lijst van online boeken te maken. Voor deze boeken hoef je dus niks te betalen, ze zijn online geplaatst door de mensen die ze geschreven hebben. De boeken zijn ook niet in winkels verkrijgbaar, maar zijn het lezen zeker waard!

Dit zijn mijn persoonlijke Engelse favorieten. Mocht je nog aanraders hebben dan mag je die natuurlijk altijd in een reactie plaatsen, maar onthoud: Dit topic gaat over online verkrijgbare boeken/verhalen en niet over boeken die in winkels verkrijgbaar zijn. Ook gaat dit topic niet over fanfictions en is dit topic over Engelse verhalen.

Bekijk hier een (korte) lijst van Nederlandse online boeken.

De Lijst

1. Death is my BFF: Death Is My BFF (Book 1 - Watty Award Winner 2011) *ORIGINAL SERIES* , Death Is My BFF (Rewritten!)
    Death came knocking at her door.
    Well actually, he pounded.

Faith Williams has always been a little odd, but never before did she think she was one of a kind. Enter Death, the legendary, sadistic, and irresistible Grim Reaper who spared Faith's life when she was a child. The more she tries to resist him, the more he's popping up in her life and turning it entirely upside down. Death is dangerous with a dark past and a thirst for revenge, and Faith Williams is slowly becoming unable to resist his power over her.

Who is the man under the hood? What does he want with her?

Most importantly, why the hell does he have a name for his scythe?

reactie van seshomaru_girl: I am finding it strange to say that I'm kinda loving death and all his moods. It's kind of sexy.

WAARSCHUWING: het herschreven deel sluit niet goed aan op de serie, mocht je de hele serie willen lezen, lees dan ook de originele versie van deel 1.

2. META: Meta
    It’s been ten years since Connor Connolly lost his parents in ‘The Battle’; a fight between The Governor and Jones, two of the world’s strongest metas. Before ‘The Battle’ the world had been full of metas, super-powered humans whose amazing abilities came from mysterious wristbands. Since that day one has never been seen again. Now 16 years old, Connor lives in Bay View City with his older brother Derrick, a meta-obsessed blogger, where he’s just trying to keep his head down long enough to survive high school. All of that changes the night he attempts to save a girl's life and wakes up to find the first new pair of metabands anyone has seen wrapped around his wrists. Connor soon finds an unlikely ally in Midnight, a masked vigilante who helps him learn how to harness his new abilities, while also trying to balance his summer job at the lake. As a meta, Connor becomes known as Omni, potentially the most powerful meta the world has ever seen, but it isn’t long before he finds out he's no longer alone...

Veel te veel positieve reacties om uit te kiezen, er word echter vaak gezegd dat dit boek doet denken aan 'I am Number Four', maar geloof me, het heeft niks hier mee te maken.

3. The Quirky Tale of April Hale : The Quirky Tale of April Hale
    Self-proclaimed weirdo April Hale and the notorious troublemaker Ryder Black have been living side by side for more than ten years. Both never attempted to communicate with each other, but on the night Ryder Black is thrown out by his own father, he asks her a question that might change both of their lives:
    “March, will you let me stay in your room?”

He even got her name wrong.

Dit verhaal maakt dat meiden in reacties gaan reageren als basisschool-meisjes. Dit is ook gezegd in een reactie... Dit is trouwens positief.

4. Windswept: Windswept
    When Sam meets a boy on a subway, she never thought anything of it. Until he starts appearing in the most unlikely of places. Literally.

Reactie van mariwtonning: This is like the fifth time I'll be reading this, I absolutely love Windswept! Is there any chance it'll be a paperback anytime?

5. In 27 Days: In 27 Days (Watty Award Winner 2012)
    Hadley Jamison doesn't know what to think when she hears that her classmate, Archer Morales, committed suicide. She didn't exactly know him, but that doesn't stop her from feeling like there was something she could have done to help him.
    So to Hadley's surprise, on the very night of Archer's funeral, she has a run in with Death himself and is offered the chance to go back in time to stop Archer from ending his life. The catch? She only has twenty-seven days to do it. And if Hadley doesn't succeed? Well, she doesn't want to think about that.

NOTE: In 27 Days heb ik zojuist uitgelezen, dit is echt een aanrader onder de meiden. Voor jongens weet ik het niet zeker.

6. The Dark Prince: The Dark Prince.
    The man of your dreams is coming... or is it your nightmares he visits?

Laen is Prince of the Dark fae, with a temper and reputation to match his black eyes, and a heart that despises the human race. When he is sent back through the forbidden gates between realms to retrieve an ancient fae artefact he returns home with far more than he bargained for

Oceane DeBeauvoir is an artist and bookbinder whose imagination has always been relied upon to get her through an unhappy and uneventful life. The discovery of a jewelled dagger, which is put on display at a nearby museum has not only grabbed headlines speculating about the reality of another race... the fae... but has also inspired Oceane to create a beautiful piece of art.

Oceane's lonely and romantic heart has created the story of The Dark Prince... but what if her story is not confined to the pages of her book?

What if her hero is far from the troubled, romantic figure she has painted him but something far more sinister?

7. Daddy's little girl: Daddy's Little Girl ~COMPLETE~
    Harrison Kringe loses more than his wife when she suddenly dies after giving birth; he loses his mind. He blames his newborn baby girl for his devastating loss. She will pay the price for his insanity. Taught from birth to know only unimaginable horror, Harrison creates a monster. Can he control his creation, or will he become a victim of 'Daddy's Little Girl'?

Ironisch genoeg begon ik dit verhaal te lezen om de titel. Ik heb echt een hekel aan het concept van vaders. Ik vond het echt heel goed en het is zeker een kijkje waard.

8. Undertow: UNDERTOW
    Luckless Eila is unknowingly the last of her kind: Rare. Gifted. Breakable. Stunning Raef is her kind's historic enemy: Soulless. Lethal. Lost. A legendary death 160 years before would set their lives to collide, forcing a beautiful killer to become a savior, a simple wallflower to become a warrior, and ruthless destiny to become a death sentence.

9. The Angelnots: The Angelnots
    "The Angelnots" is a young adult, magical realism book about two sisters who accidentally get involved in a situation far beyond anything they could have ever imagined. After a tragedy occurs, one of the sisters has to figure out how to save her family, her people, and the dimensions intertwined with their fate.

DISCLAIMER
    geen van de verhalen/boeken in deze lijst behoren tot mij toe, ze zijn allemaal van hun rechtmatige eigenaren.

[ bericht aangepast op 11 juli 2014 - 11:44 ]

I'm so scared of being alone, yet I constantly push people away and never let anyone in.

Eh, ik kom er dus nu net achter dat het Wattpad boeken zijn. Totaal geen ramp maar ik schijn Wattpad eerst te moeten downloaden. Dus ik dat doen (op mobiel als dat handige info is) en nu staat er dat ik die wattpad app moet kopen. Kan het ook gratis?

• It is often the biggest smile, that is hiding the saddest heart. •

DiNozzo schreef:
    Eh, ik kom er dus nu net achter dat het Wattpad boeken zijn. Totaal geen ramp maar ik schijn Wattpad eerst te moeten downloaden. Dus ik dat doen (op mobiel als dat handige info is) en nu staat er dat ik die wattpad app moet kopen. Kan het ook gratis?

niet op je mobiel.
    Op je computer of laptop is wattpad gratis

I'm so scared of being alone, yet I constantly push people away and never let anyone in.

DiNozzo schreef:
    Oeh oeh MT! Er zitten een paar boeken tussen die me onwijs gaaf lijken!

"Your life. Your choice. Think about what you want."

xDestructive schreef:
    (...)

niet op je mobiel.
    Op je computer of laptop is wattpad gratis

Naahw, dat is eigenlijk best wel heel erg jammer. :c
    Maar ja, gelukkig is op de laptop lezen ook geen probleem! :Y)

• It is often the biggest smile, that is hiding the saddest heart. •

DiNozzo schreef:
    (...)

Naahw, dat is eigenlijk best wel heel erg jammer. :c
    Maar ja, gelukkig is op de laptop lezen ook geen probleem! :Y)

haha :)

Note: er is een edit in de lijst. 'In 27 Days' is nu een persoonlijke aanrader.

oke, ik weet niet waarom dat gebeurde. Ik wilde de lijst aanpassen -,-'

[ bericht aangepast op 11 juli 2014 - 11:43 ]