• In 2004, The New York Times wrote an article about the loneliest whale in the world. Scientists have been tracking her since 1992 and they discovered the problem: She isn’t like any other baleen whale. Unlike all other whales, she doesn’t have friends. She doesn’t have a family. She doesn’t belong to any tribe, pack or gang. She doesn’t have a lover. She never had one. Her songs come in groups of two to six calls, lasting for five to six seconds each. But her voice is unlike any other baleen whale. It is unique—while the rest of her kind communicate between 12 and 25hz, she sings at 52hz. You see, that’s precisely the problem. No other whales can hear her. Every one of her desperate calls to communicate remains unanswered. Each cry ignored. And, with every lonely song, she becomes sadder and more frustrated, her notes going deeper in despair as the years go by.

Just imagine that massive mammal, floating alone and singing—too big to connect with any of the beings it passes, feeling paradoxically small in the vast stretches of empty, open ocean.

Ik zag dit voorbijkomen op Tumblr en ik kon het echt niet laten om het met jullie te delen ): Ik vind het echt erg voor het beestje.

[ bericht aangepast op 27 nov 2011 - 11:41 ]

Olive

Dit is echt zielig ): Ocharme dat beest, ik krijg er medelijden mee

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive about what could go right

D:

Ze mag wel in mijn badkuip wonen...

i put the fun in funeral

Poor whale D:

Everyone wants happiness without any pain, but you can’t have a rainbow without a little rain.

Awwww, dat is echt zielig ):

"I didn’t trip, I was just testing the gravity, and it still works"

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Awww, that's so sad!

Naaawh ):

"I shut my eyes in order to see.'

Ik heb op Discovery ofzo ooit eens iets gezien van een orka die in een meer beland was en steeds contact ging zoeken met de mensen en met hen speelde enzo. Uiteindelijk zijn ze campagne beginnen voeren om het beest te negeren omdat het contact met mensen gevaarlijk was voor hem (denk jagers, boten, attractieparken). Het beestje werd er depressief van en begon tegen boten te duwen met zijn neus om aandacht te krijgen en uiteindelijk is hij in de propeller (of hoe heet dat) van een boot gezwommen en gestorven. Made me so sad =(.

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Dit vind ik zo zielig
    Walvissen zijn zulke leuke beestjes
    Zo zielig

L.S.H.I.F.O.M.D.W.I.D.H.O. Laughing so hard I fell off my dinosaur, wait, I don't have one

Audacity schreef:
    D:

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind

Awwh, dat is zielig voor dat arme dier.
    Ook wel apart, dat dat zomaar gebeurt...

A king can rule a kingdom, but happiness will rule the

Audacity schreef:
    D:

comfort in c h a o s

Poor thing. D:

Big girls cry when their hearts are breaking

Whirlybird schreef:
    Naaawh ):

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.